Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Overly Chatty......

stumpr

Does anyone have a problem with their Deus being overly noisy when they set the machine on the ground? No problem with the machine once you start sweeping, just when you set it down to retrieve a target. Lowering the sensitivity doesn't seem to help. Sensitivity is between 85-90 and the ground is not mineralized. There does not appear to be a specific spot where this occurs so I am ruling out localized EMI.

Mine does that also.
I think it's just one of the quirks that the Deus has.
I just ignore it when it does it.

Mine too maybe try a different frequency ( 8khz or 12khz or) also maybe a different ground balance number higher by a few numbers than the readout on the controller.

You can notch it out but you might also be noting out some good stuff. If you run your discrimination level up manually until you hear the noise stop you'll know where you need to set a notch to stop it.

Just a thought...but do you also have your Pinpointer on and near the detector when you set it down? I know I will do that some times and it will have the detector act up

another suggestion I heard this weekend, was to make a duplicate program beside your main. Set the Sensitivity to zero. Plus or minus over to it and it will work like a mute button. Just don't forget to go back when you continue hunting. Using a ground notch might also help knock the chatty signals down. Set your ground notch to cover your low point and on up.

Don
HH

I've never had that happen, I'm still using V3.0 tho, maybe that has something to do with it.

Wow, I just joined this forum as I recently got a XP , I'm very new with Metal Detecting...anyway I specifically was looking for this post as I have noticed mine doin the same thing. I found a quick fix today, prior to placing XP on the ground I click the Pinpoint button and it stays quiet for me........

Ken

Mine does the same thing! I've found that sometimes it's worse than others. Don't know why. I just ignore it.

This MAY help. I just saw a video on Youtube (made by a German man) on how to sit the Deus up for Deep seeking. He talked about the EXPERT setting WHILE in Ground Balance mode. It's called:"Ground Balance notch". It is not the same as regular notch feature. It basically keeps the unit from falsing when hitting trees (lightly) and also cancels alot of needless chatter (when I tried it). And depth was not affected. Y'all probably already know about what I just explained. I took my Deus hunting yesterday and I had it set hot. And it would false everytime I bumped some forest floor debris. But this "ground balance notch" has totally eliminated this aggravation.
But yes, my machine is quiet while sweeping.......but when I lay it down to dig a target.....I often remove my headphones. Anyway, my unlearned thoughts. kevin

No, my advice in the last post was not good. The Ground Balance notch will not knock out the chatter (when you lay the machine down to dig a target). But the Ground Balance Notch DOES effectively keep the coil from falsing when it is bumbed against forest floor debris. And that is very useful.
But that chatteriness (while digging a target) does get on my nerves so I am going to try the 'push the pinpoint button" method. I can't even hear my pinpointer due to the chattery-ness. My other Deus's (including another 3.2) did the same thing.