Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

P.I. detector questions and purchase

TC-NM

Trying to get comments and my decision making easier on using a P.I. detector on land and fresh/salt water. What do you guys like for a brand and why and/or why not?

I live in NM and planning for outings to the gulf coast and west coast in the near future, but I'd also want to try in nearby ghost towns, vacant lots, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TC-NM

Fo water hunting PI's, I like the White's PI Pro and Dual Field. If you'll use it mostly on land and wet sand, I'd think about the WHite's TDI SL. You can use it for nugget shooting and it has an iron discrimination so It may work well for you in the ghost towns.

I would not recommend ANY pulse detector for land hunting (ghost towns, vacant lots, etc.... as you say). Sure, some like the TDI, as Tom Slick alludes to, might have an ability to pass iron, or tell highs vs low conductors, but they are still WAY too "squirrelly" to use at most land places. Pulse machines are much more at-home in beach hunting environments, where you fully intend to chase teensy foil signals in your quest for jewelry, dangly fine chains, earing studs, etc.... But on land (sheesk, especially "ghost towns" and "vacant lots" where iron abounds) you're going to find that a standard vlf land machine is a much better choice.

Agree with Tom, I tried my TDI in a ghost town...what a mistake.
While it can mask some iron, odd shapes, vertical iron such as nails, and massive pieces become high conductors which cannot be discriminated out.
For prospecting and beach it did very nice.

OK guys,

Thanks for your comments. Maybe I should of been more specific. How about 90% water hunting (fresh/salt) with a P.I. detector and leave my existing VLF detectors for land and ghost towns.

Question for Tom Slick, I see that you use a Tesoro Tiger Shark which is VLF type detector. You live in AZ, so where do you use the tiger shark at? . . .just curious.

No mention of the Garrett Infinium? What gives with this P.I. detector? In what I read from Garrett's, it's comfortable in both land and water, right?

Any other experiences with P.I.'s would help.

Thanks,

TC-NM