Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

P I

Wet and Dry

Well I finally took the plunge and bought a Whites" Dual Field . It is taking a Little time to tell the differences in the signals. I am hitting targets and then adjusting the machine to see how different setting affect and sound . I think I can now tell when it's a bobby pin, 99% of the time. Next will be bottle caps. I biggest problem is I'm not getting out enough. So far about 20 bucks in change and one silver ring. HH

They are tough ones to distinguish for me. The shallow nails and bobbie pins are getting easy, but rusty washers, steel washers, brass grommets, bottle caps...shoot, they all sound good.

But, I know that going in with the PI that I am gonna dig more junk, but not miss much.

http://www.geocities.com/cliveclynick@rogers.com/clivesgoldpagepulsepower.html
If not, do yourself a favor and read it and you will overcome the learning curve and save yourself a LOT of unnecessary experimentation.

Thanks kindly, Frank. I'm glad to hear some positive feedback on that one coming from a pulse purist like yourself. Hope that the information is of good value to you. Taking notes for a "Water Hunting:Secrets of the Pros 2" -type effort now that will have some stuff I've learned from travelling to hunt and observing some top pros in the Caribbean.
Good Luck,
cjc [clivesgoldpagehome]

Where can I get this book and will it help me with my surf dual field pi machine a big yellow banana?

I think this forum messes with links.

here's the link, just get rid of the space between geo and cities:

http://www.geo cities.com/@#$%^&()clivesgoldpagehome.html

Hope that works.

I have read some of Clive's other books and just ordered this one as well.
Mike

i just read the book good read . i also brought the duelfield and am trying to figure it out. my biggest thing to figure out is whether to up the gain and get a chattering threshold threshold or run it with lower gain for smooth threshold. right now sanded in here panama city beach so cant test it on deep targets. i would like to hear what others are running their duelfield settings at. ive been doing like book recommends with higher gain and a small increased pulse delay but not sure if i should be running machine with that chattering skipping threshold. any feedback would be greatly appreciated ty jim

Personaly i have found by dropping the gain to get stable not much depth is lost, especially if you turn the threshold to barely audible, even had the gain down as low as 10 o'clock in some bad areas to get stable. If the threshold is too high the deeper murmers will be missed too. i usually spend a few minutes on each target to try the best settings as on some beaches i go to i can run the gain real high, on others it needs to be well below the factory presets

thanks kered and thanks clive for getting back to me via email. great book. so far 4 days out with my df and a total of 4.04 lol . however last time out rain gain at 2 with pulse at 7 and i got a 10k ring that was deep in wet sand. i know my excal would never have hit this. i would guestimate about 18 inches plus. the ring has been buried a long time as it was crusted with sand and had a ring guard that was rusted so until i removed ring guard and cleaned it up i would never have thought it was gold. but it cleaned up nice had 10k mark and tested 10k. also has 5 small diamonds. dont have a tester for diamonds but would assume fake being on a 10k ring. anyways as clive stated in book when you start to hear the deep targets though all the chatter then the machine is really impressive. panama city beach is really sanded in now as i was digging pulltabs 12 inches down so this gold find really impressed me. ty kered and ty clive for a great book ) jim