Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Package Delivery/ just arrived

mcuch

Left note hanging inside mailbox for mail lady to call me, left my number on the note, told her I'd meet her at the mailbox if she thought my long driveway looked bad to drive back on. It is a gravel driveway but it is solid but has a few spots in it that dip down and low spots that hold some water, getting more gravel to put on it soon. I'm more than glad to go to the box to get the package, been 12 days since the package was dropped in the mail. I live in South Central Louisiana and with all the rain we have been getting it's like a swampy area around here but I want to familiarize myself with the F75 before I bring it out hunting with it, you know how you get when waiting for a new machine to arrive. Waiting for the mail to show up now and the waiting is killing me. Now it arrived all safe and sound, now to learn the settings and how to set them....

Right off, play with it in the default settings. Not a bad idea to hunt with it in those setting right off if you have not used a 75 previously. I mainly old coin hunt in trashy parks, old golf courses (when I can get on one) old fairgrounds and demo sites and pretty much only use two modes....de and bp.....and bp mainly when the grass is fairly tall or when woods hunting and once I have worked a spot good in de to see if I can squeeze out something that might have been at the fringe depth for de. For coin hunting I like and use 3h and 4h tones as they put nickels into a high tone. Good luck, have fun and let us know how you like the 75. HH jim tn

Glad to read it finally showed up. I ordered a detector back in the late 70's. Waited and waited for it. The person I ordered it from worked for a fire department. He worked so many days and was off for so many days. As luck would have it I ordered it on his last day off. He didn't get it shipped that day and had to wait till his next day off to ship it. I paced back and forth each morning at work and would call home asking my wife "did it show up?". Finally I called home and my wife said a box arrived. I raced home at lunch only to find that the 14" coil was shipped in a separate box and that's all that came. The next day the detector showed up. I know how you feel.

Frustrating isn't it, bet you were bummed to get just the coil. I'm glad mine came in but the weather isn't exactly cooperating, went outside just a bit with it, put the 5" hockey puck on it and found a penny with it showing zinc, a nickel like it said and finally a dime with it showing dime, then it came a real light rain and had to head back inside. Nice to see the machine is dead on target, maybe I'll find more stuff than I did with my 505 but it did make some good finds. It was just time to upgrade.

Thanks, I do believe I'm going to enjoy it, only if the weather would act right. Suppose to rain some more tonight, maybe a bit in the morning. If it doesn't rain in the morning , I think I might try getting out a few hours trying it out, will have to wear rubber boots but it won't be the first time going in rubber boots. At least the ground will be pretty conductive

LOL Just teasing you a little.

I blame it partly on the winter weather and the rest of the blame to all the backed up Christmas shipments trying to go through too. Best thing is package didn't get banged up during the delay

I was really kidding Elton. Weather and Christmas certainly factors. The main thing is you now have it. HH jim tn

Only gotten out in the yard a bit, testing it out a bit, man its sure a whole lot faster than than my 505 and it has performed pretty good for the most part. Going to really get to test it out tomorrow, going out a few hours with my hunting buddy, see if I can hit those civil war bullets and hopefully finally hit on any brass items

:rofl:
jim tn said:
I was really kidding Elton. Weather and Christmas certainly factors. The main thing is you now have it. HH jim tn

I'm staying out of this exchange HAHAHA............:rofl:

A few inches of snow or cold and some of you yankees look to hibernate. I won't mention any names or locals. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! HH jim tn