Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pain in neck, shoulder back and carpal tunnel.

RedRockNv

I see a lot of posts where people complain about pain in the areas mentioned in the subject line. I have a short story about my experience. I have had a sore neck for 30+ year the result of a motorcycle accident. I have just been living with it using pain pills (over the counter stuff.) The last couple years my shoulders have begun to ache. I have had carpal tunnel problems for over ten years. On a visit to my Dad I spent a night in a motel. They had a really thin pillow fluffed up it was 2" thick. The next morning I felt great neck pain gone. I thought about it on the ride home and decided to sleep with out the pillow all together. See what happens. Since sleeping with out a pillow my pain has subsided over my neck, shoulders, back and carpal tunnel. After about 3 weeks my head stays erect easier. It always felt heavy like it wanted to pull forward. I have full range of movement in my neck with out the pulls I used to get. The stabs in my back are gone. I don't feel the strains like I used to. My carpal tunnel is nearly gone after nearly 6 weeks sleeping flat. The general pain in my shoulders is gone.
My conclusion is I have been pinching nerves in my neck without realizing it all these years 30+ years of pain for nothing. My advise throw your pillow away or get a really really thin one not more than 2" thick and soft. Let me know your experiences. It sure makes swinging my Explorer a lot easier.

I forgot to include this. My use of pain pills to get through the day has dropped to ZERO. I havn't used a pain pill in 3 weeks now. I take a baby asprin to thin the blood for heart attack and stroke protection but the is it.

Since we're on the subject, anybody suffering from arthritis may want to give nutrition a try...Stay away from WHEAT products if you can. You'll probably notice a great deal of relief along with some weight loss...I learned this from a guy in PA. that I met on the web...I have been doing it halfheartedly for the last 2 months...I have been staying away from pasta products completly & have limited my consumption of bread to maybe a half dozen sandwiches a week...Guess what? I no longer have to take anti-inflamitories...I've since checked with a chiro-doc & nutrition nurse & was told by both that wheat contains large amounts of gluten & should be avoided if possible by arthritis sufferers...supposed to be really bad for arthritis...works for me