Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pairing 2.4MHz headphones to Racer 2

UtahRich

A friend was KIND enough to loan me his Makro 2.4GHz wireless headphones so I could give them a trial run. Wow, these are sure light. Unfortunately, he didn't have the instructions handy for Pairing the headphones to the Racer 2. I thought I could find instructions online, but seem to have run into a dead end. He did say the headphones are Racer 2 compatible, but not with the new Impact.

The headphones have an ON/OFF slide switch on the bottom edge of one ear cup, a little red light on one ear cup that lights when charging, and a blue light on the other cup that blinks when the switch is slid to the ON position. I found a YouTube video on pairing the original Red Racer; press the pin point button forward and press the DOWN arrow and the detector will go into search and pair mode, but the headphones for that were different than these. No such luck for the Racer 2.

I did browse the Racer 2 Owner's Manual and the Makro's website in the manuals section looking for A Wireless Headphone Owner's Manual and didn't come up with anything.

Any help is appreciated !

Thanks,

Rich -

In short: Turn on detector with dongle installed. Turn on Headphones, blue light will blink fast. When pairing is complete, blue light will start blinking slowly and sound will be heard thru headphones. That's about it.

If it still doesn't pair then you have to try other frequencies. I'll try to post those instructions in a bit.

Hope this works

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/tbush/IMG_3553.jpg

Rich, check your PM's

Thanks Tom,

I'll let you know how it goes.

Rich

Tom,
Thanks for sending the instructions. I gave the headphones a ffull charge last night. Turning on the detector first was the key. The headphones paired right up after that.

The sound really is excellent, much better than I anticipated and I wasn't able to notice any lag in the audio. My problem is that I have a very big noggin and there isn't enough adjustment to place the ear cups directly over the ear which is too bad as I think I would like to hunt with these full time. And they are lighter than my Jolly Rogers and Jimmy Sierra headphones.

Rich

Tom Slick said:
In short: Turn on detector with dongle installed. Turn on Headphones, blue light will blink fast. When pairing is complete, blue light will start blinking slowly and sound will be heard thru headphones. That's about it.

If it still doesn't pair then you have to try other frequencies. I'll try to post those instructions in a bit.

Rich (Utah) said:
Tom,
Thanks for sending the instructions. I gave the headphones a ffull charge last night. Turning on the detector first was the key. The headphones paired right up after that.

The sound really is excellent, much better than I anticipated and I wasn't able to notice any lag in the audio. My problem is that I have a very big noggin and there isn't enough adjustment to place the ear cups directly over the ear which is too bad as I think I would like to hunt with these full time. And they are lighter than my Jolly Rogers and Jimmy Sierra headphones.

Rich

Tom Slick said:

I'm really impressed with the Racer2 wireless headphones, audio is on par with higher end wired headphones, and once you go wireless, you'll never want to be tethered to your detector again! I've been using the R2 wireless headphones on my Impact, what a great combo, with the coil wire up the rod, the closed small coil and wireless headphones, you'll never get slowed down with snags again when hunting around brush and what not. Also, even though the headphones aren't the kind to cup your ear, they almost do and for summer hunting it's a lot cooler.