Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Paper Manual

Fishnmaine

I know you can get the manual online. But I like to have the actual manual in my hands. You spend this kind of money you would think you would get one in the box. When you learn a new machine I always had one in my back pocket. Does anybody feel the same way?

In all my decades of detecting, I never carried a manual in my back pocket. I read through the manual, learn the functions, then got out in the field and started hunting.
Don’t get me wrong, I too like the idea of a manual in the box. Printing out large page manual isn’t cheap.

I keep a folder in my truck. I carry written permission (if I have that), contact info for verbal permission, manuals of the detector (Fisher supplies in the box), after market coil info if provided, maps of any areas outside the city that I may be detecting, and any other info I deem potentially needed or important. Folder rides above sun visor so easy to access and worth its weight in silver coins when I need it.

If you have a Staples nearby you can download to their website and for $15 you can get a black and white copy on fantastic quality paper in a spiral binder with plastic front and back covers. Well worth it.

If you have a Staples nearby you can download to their website and for $15 you can get a black and white copy on fantastic quality paper in a spiral binder with plastic front and back covers. Well worth it.
I actually thought of that Thanks

I get your point but from a logistics point it be a foot thick with all the different languages and I hate sorting instructions with all the different languages:mad:
HH Jeff

I thought it was dumb to not get a hard copy. Same thing for my new car, I had to ask the service mechanic to get me a hard copy.

So I downloaded the Nox manual to my PC and I have printed pages that I took into the field to test the specific functions.

Tony

Why would you carry a paper manual with you when you can simply have it on your phone? If I ever need to reference the manual, I simply check it out on my phone.

Half the places I go there is no cell coverage so opening downloads doesnt work so well

When I try that it just sits there until I get back into 4G or internet. Probably me bug thats what it does....

When I try that it just sits there until I get back into 4G or internet. Probably me bug thats what it does....
Ahhh, then you are clicking a link to the file and not the actual file itself. Ensure you download the file to your phone and then you won't need a net connection. Good luck!

IMG_2616.jpeg

Worth the $15 at Staples. Took one day to process. Clear cover in front black cover out back glossy sheets heavy grade.. Im a paper guy like to have the actual manual in my hands.

Last edited: