Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pardon Me Boy... Is this the Winter Park Choo Choo?

Muddyshoes

So the Muddyshoes got cocky today.

I've almost burned through my first set of AT Pro batteries, need a back adjustment from the horrible ergonomics of the AT Pro, and I'm starting to get good with pinpointing off the tail of the DD Coil. I've figured out what "Double D" means.. it stands for "Double Digging." That being said, I'm starting to get more comfortable with "Pro" mode and am really starting to appreciate this machine.

Anyway, I went to visit a local park in Orlando that's quite old, is definitely well-hunted and the grounds of which, are too immaculate to sully with my horrible AT Pro pinpointing skills, which are improving, albeit slowly. I didn't hit the park, but I did get cocky and see if I could hunt along about 200 yards of railroad track bedding. As you know, or may not know, railroad bedding is one of the most cluttered places to hunt ever, and this track bed is well over 100 years old. in that 200 yard the detector sounded constantly no matter what mode I was in, and to top it off, the area I was searching had buried cables and wires just a foot below making it near impossible to hunt. Still, I said to myself, "Shoes... let's see what we can do..."

Honestly I struggled and dug up two full pouches of every kind of metal and wire, washer, nut, bolt and nail you could think of, along with a nice little pile of coins... with "little" being the operative word. As you might imagine there were a number of train-squished pennies, but about halfway along the route, about 3 feel away from the track, I got a solid 81 (or "Dime Signal" for non AT Pro-folk). I couldn't dig more than a couple inches down due to the solid buried pile of train bed stones. I pressed my Wilcox digger down and popped up a bunch of stones... My Pro Pointer still indicated the target was there. I dug down one more time, a total depth of about 2 inches (the ground was hard packed, I tell ya) and out popped a 1934 Merc! I love how clean and shiny silver comes out of the ground, don't you? I looked around.. how come people are never around to ask, "did you find anything?" when you do find something good? For the record, I would cop to a silver dime. A diamond encrusted ring, I wouldn't share with a soul.

I pocketed the dime in my secret zipper pouch inside my Garrett treasure bag and was even MORE careful about continuing my search. In addition, I found this cute little glass-square cross mounted on a copper backing and an iron-sight from what appears to be some kind of military rifle. If any of you folks know militaria, I'd love to know what kind of weapon it's from.

Anyway, for reference, this was the same park where I found "Mrs. Magilicutty's legbone..." No bodies this time!

My first silver coin with the AT Pro and it was only 2 inches deep. There's hope for this boy yet!

Changing the batteries in my AT Pro and Pro Pointer tomorrow and giving both a really good cleaning. They've deserved it!

- Muddyshoes

Heh, thanks...

It's been a short rocky relationship, and she's fugly, but I think I love her...

:)

Wow!! You'rea heartier soul than me!! Railroad ROW's are so filled with scrap metal, it's near impossible to hunt one...but YOU did it!! Congrats on the nice finds amongst all that junk!!