Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park Hunt 01-13-2016, my T2 is back from First Texas! :clap:

Fish N Chips

I got my T2 back from First Texas on Tuesday. Their customer service is great, very fast turn around. The rotary encoder and seals were replaced. It is working great now, even in the cold the settings knob is working without any issues. I am happy to have it back and running. I am confident it will provide many great hunts coming up. I admit that I really like the unit, I just click with it and it is great at pulling out good targets. Thanks Mr. Johnson for all the help!!!!!!! :please:

Weather was crazy today, we had a small tornado touch down a few miles away which caused a big stir, rain and high wind. After getting home there was a break between the storms and the sun came out, so my daughter and I hit the local park. The RADAR was in full swing and the detector was chirping like normal at this spot. Sensitivity 40, Discrim 70 and tones 1 with the NEL sharpshoot seemed to handle it ok. My daughter used the Silver Umax, it was silent but I am starting to wonder if the EMI is affecting the depth on the Tesoro, although there is no audio indicator of interference. EMI does funny things so it is hard to judge. She dug a few shallow coins, but was struggling with deeper targets. I was getting 5 inch coins which is about max depth here for targets, even the rare silver at this park runs about 4-5 inches.

I dug a bunch of clad and a 1954 wheat penny. No amazing finds but we were only there for an hour. It was nice to get out before the next wave of storms hit. We are supposed to have rain the next 7 days, so it may be a while before I get out again. I got my daughter a Garrett AT pin pointer and she was loving digging and pin pointing her own targets. I think I have my metal detecting buddy sealed for life.

Good to hear it's working. Just out of curiosity.. what was the outside temperature during your hunt?

53 degrees, not too cold. I took it outside the night before at 41 degrees and it was working well. It has been raining a lot so has warmed up substantially around here.