Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park Hunt 01/15/2016

Fish N Chips

I took advantage of a break in the weather and hit the local park. We had 3 hours between storms to make it count. I admit it was nice to get out and enjoy a bit of sun, but it did not last long. The rain is on its way again.

I hit the park with the RADAR. It was especially bad today, I set the T2 'Classic' at Sensitivity 40, Discrim 70 and Tones 1 to control the noise. NEL sharpshooter coil; I tried the 11" coil for a bit and got a few copper pennies with it but the EMI was a bit much for it. The NEL went back on, still bad but manageable.

I got a pocket full of clad and copper pennies. Oldest penny was a 1962, a bunch of 1965 quarters and dimes (darn, lol). I got a little Cloisonne pin. I think it is gold plated as it is pretty shiny on the back, but rang up around zinc/copper on the machine. It was about 5 inches down and was pretty bent. I straightened it up some and unfortunately some of the enamel is missing. Still it will look nice in a display. There are no markings to date it.

My Dad came along and was introduced to EMI the hard way. He got some clad and some bits of copper. He is liking his Eurotek Pro.

It was nice to get out, much better than sitting at home! A few hours is all I can do at this park, the EMI is mentally fatiguing after a while. Still it is close and a nice park for short hunts.

20160115_152614_zpsi4exw66m.jpg

Always nice finding jewelry, I will be keeping an eye on posts from the folks in the warmer climates that have a T2 as I just got one and can't use it because we are froze in up here in northern New York.