Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park Hunt 11/07/2015

Fish N Chips

My daughter wanted to hit an older park close to home for some coins. I was up for an easy day so called my Dad and invited him along. We drove to the park and hunted a few hours. The town date back to the 1880's, and the park was there in the 1930's, mainly being used as a school area. I used my Teknetics T2 'Classic', my Dad borrowed my Tesoro Eldorado (his is still waiting for Xmas), and my Daughter used the Silver Umax.

My daughter found a few pennies right away, so kept me digging her targets, lol! My Dad then comes across toward us and shows his first find, a 1914 Barber Dime! He found it right off the road, wow what a start! That got us excited, but the only other old coin we found was a 1949 wheat penny my daughter found.

My Dad got the 1914 Barber, and some modern coins. He struggled with the aluminum cans, and I admit I dug a few too when they pinpointed small, especially with the silver start!

I ran the 11" coil for a while in the less trashy area, but was not finding much. A few coins and toys. I put the small 5" dd coil on and ran Sensitivity 80, Discrimination 10 and Tones 3 and moved toward the trashy areas. The 5" coil was making the finds. I found two rings, one that is silver plated I believe or possibly foreign silver as there are no markings in it. I found a token, but it turns out it is not that old. Still neat. I got a blazer button, but do not think it is that old. It could be an school uniform button, but does not show much age. One of my odd finds was a dropped round ball for a muzzleloader. I shoot black powder flintlocks and recognized it right away, but was surprised to find it in the park. It does not have much patina so I have some doubts to its age, but it is possible it is old. It rang up higher than most lead I find. I found some lead pipe pieces in the park too that had no patina on them. Hard to say if it was a recent drop, or dates back to when the town was established in the mid 1800s, or earlier? Makes a fellow wonder. I also dug a marijuana pipe that I disposed of, lol. There was some old glass, milk glass and a bone bead I found in my holes.

My daughter did well and stuck with it quite a while. She found the 1949 wheat penny, and a 1999 10 pesos coin. She loved the mexican coin, a neat find, but the wheat penny was her favorite...well until she confiscates my rings.

We dug the normal trash and flotsum. I was looking for old nickles and ended up with several pull tabs, some the older beaver tail tabs. All in all a great hunt, and all the better with the family.

20151107_124822%202_zpsvuz9vsvc.jpg

20151107_164125%202_zpsmxhrxgha.jpg

With your daughter and father having a good time. Even if you were not detecting it doesnt get much better than that! nice hunt :)

Nice hunt with the family.

Great story and great finds!:thumbup: