Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park Hunt 12-26-2015, best silver hunt yet!

Fish N Chips

I grabbed my detector and hit a local park for a hour while the family rested after a snow day. This is one that is protected by terrible EMI, but I know it holds coins back to the 1950's. I used my T2 classic. I had a little trouble with adjustments jumping around as I spun the dial, I hope it was just EMI interfearance. I had to turn the pot very slowly to get it to adjust, a faster turn would cause the adjustment to jump all over. It seems to be working better at home. My Tesoros hate this park as well.

I ran sensitivity 40, discrim 70 and tones 1 and 1+. The high discrim was to somewhat control the chatter from the RADAR array. Even still the TID jumps around 70-80s constantly due to the interfearance, even with no targets under the coil. The hunt is by tone only, as the TID is affected more than the tones. I used the NEL Sharp Shooter. I had to really listen through the EMI, frequency shift does not even do much at this spot. Coins do tend to sound through the noise although it is hard to tell what the chatter is masking.

I ended up hitting a lesser used area of the park, away from the modern equipment. I figured most hunters would over look it, if they even bother hunting here. I ended up finding 4 silver dimes, a wheat penny, and some modern clad in a fairly small area. I have hit this area before but never gridded it. When my daughter is with me she can not handle the EMI and we tend to move off fairly quickly. I just soldiered through it today. It was my best silver day yet! Just rosies, but I am not complaining!!!! I plan to head back and really work the same area with the 5" coil, hopefully I can unmask some more.

20151226_192417_zpswugbintg.jpg

Nice hunt! Low sens settings can work well and be just whats needed.:clapping: