Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park? School? Town Square?

gregD

I'm less experienced in the hobby than most of you so I figure I'd pick your brains.... Hopefully this isn't a beaten-to-death subject

I took my Deus out to a public area for the first time the other day and had a blast...lots of target....way less trashy than my own yard (1878 house) which is all I've detected up until now.

I plan to go out again tomorrow morning early before my house wakes up and try a public space again (have the appropriate permissions of course)

So I was curious what locations you like best ?

Right now I'm looking at the options of 1) a public park of unknown age....not sure what was there before it became a park. 2)the high school which opened in 1915 or 3) the old town square which goes back to the mid 1800s. but i'm sure it's been detected before

I'm working on some private permissions too but would love to see whats best in the public areas

Any old school grounds open to detecting. Old parks open to detecting..old homes with permission given to detect... old carnival grounds, and or picnic grounds from the past.

Just about anywhere people have been for what ever reason constitutes loss of items. You can recover some of these items while detecting.

I am talking older coins and other losses. General coin recovery can be about anywhere if your allowed to detect the area. Baseball, soccer, football fields etc..

Always leave the grounds in better condition than you found them.. Fill holes, be respectful of where you detect. Not every area is always available on some days. If a baseball game is in progress then no way do you want to detect the area for an example. I know you say Duuuuuuuuuuuuu but you would be surprised at some of the disrespectful detectorists out there who only think of their wants and display no respect for anything.................

I actually watched a guy on Tybee Island Ga. detecting around sun bathers..Lifting and moving their ground cover to detect under them.. Didn't take long before the police removed that idiot..

I almost know some will respond to my post and say detect where and when you want. Including sneaking in or detecting at night on some spots.. Don't do it. .. Be respectful.. Their just plain wrong in there views.

There will always be that single individual who only cares about "Them" as in me, me, me..and no one else or respect," matters to them".

I used to hunt some schools at night when I worked because it was dark by the time I got off. With the way things have gotten in this world must of them are posted now against after dark use.

Parks have the most activity so there is more things lost there but on the reverse side they are usually hunted the most. My advise would be sample each spot for about an hour and see what happens and follow the money.

I went to the school :)

Elton is rite don't be like the greedy silver counters who dig everything thing up with shovels as they have got a lot sites closed across the Country!

Dont worry, ive very neat when im not in my own yard. Got a serrated garden knife to cut neat plugs

Nice finds. I think you chose the right place to go. There's probably a lot more. Last year I found the an exact copy of the indented round thingy that looks like a clock mechanism (the one with the question mark).

Yea, it was a great spot. there were a ton of target but ended up skipping anything shallow that rang 70ish to 78ish on my display.....im sure i missed something decent but i was digging a LOT of can tabs since it was near a high school. I didnt even follow a grid pattern to be thorough.... I just randomly wandered and covered maybe 5% of the grassy area. Just need to find more time to go back