Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Parking lot finds

tjhoosier

These are from a 2 hour hunt yesterday at a city park close to me. All the pennies are relatively new. No wheats. I was surprised that I didn't find any coins other than pennies. That leads me to suspect the lot has been gone over before and the pennies were left. I've run into guys who won't dig them. So not sure about that. It is a limestone gravel parking lot and is very trashy. Lots of soda poptops. Ran out of daylight before I got to go over the whole lot, so there is more that can be done there. Also noticed that the pennies were registering TID's of 30 to 40. Guess that is due to the heavy mineralization. I didn't dig a lot of stuff that I thought was trash, but have been reading Randy's book and think that when I go back, I'll try some different techniques and settings. The ground was very saturated at the time and I believe that had an effect on it also. Was using the XT-705 with the MF concentric coil and auto gb. Was an interesting hunt.

I have encountered the same high TID's (38-40) for memorials as well. Randy suggested that it could also be moist ground. I also notice that since using my 9" 3Mhz coil, my memorial TID's are also higher than normal.