Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Parks are FUN!

Hankscraft

I took my daughter with me to man the scoop and pin pointer. She had a blast. We went to the huge park with 4 play grounds. We found 7 quarters, 4 dimes, 6 nickles and a nice ring with hearts on it. This all was around the slides and jungle gym of course where kids hang upside down... I really love these parks with woodchips or sand. Makes it easy to find the coins. Going back this week to scan the grass and playgrounds. Must not be anyone swinging in this little hick town.

PS. Take your MXT PRO with you everywhere. I have it in my truck behind the seat. Each little town I went to to and from work, I stop and look for the parks. These little towns turn up nice finds. I now found 2 rings since I bought my MXT PRO a few weeks ago. Both rings were found in small towns with like under 3000 population. So get out there and search these small towns where nobody has been swinging.....Cheers!

You can never go wrong when you bring your treasure with you. Great story Hankscraft . . .golden moments you're sharing with your girl.

Nice bunch of finds and a great story. Shared experience with your daughter is priceless. Good tip to keep a detector handy at all times. Not sure what makes it a hick town though.

Fantastic story. Glad your daughter enjoyed it also. That's priceless for sure. We too also keep the detectors with us. You just never know when you'll come across a good spot to hunt or an unexpected "go for it" from the owner of a really nice old home. HH, Nancy

Spending time with the kids and grandkids is even more gratifying than MDing,,,,,,,,,but when you can combine the two.....that is GREAT!

I took my oldest daughter (now grown) with me MD'ing, when she was a youngster, at the school that I attended (now torn down).
And she still brings it up from time to time, good memories-good times.
Enjoy the time you have together.

Nice story! The town squares of these smaller towns are where old band concerts & Picnics were held in years past. These can be Silver mines in some cases!! I'm expecting my first daughter in August! I hope to post stories like this in a few years!! :pulltab: