Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Particular Fla. Beach Question

Hi Ya'll, Could anyone tell me the location/name of the Fla. East Coast Beach that was featured on TV a few years ago where detectorists were openly invited to come and hunt this beach where some really nice finds were being made from time to time. These finds were supposed to be from a known Spanish wreck site.. I saw a couple of minutes of the same program/film a few months ago so it must still be open to the public. Don't know if it is at a Park, Private beach, a pay site or whatever. My son and his Family are headed that way to spend a couple or 3 days on the Florida East coast and my Grand Son is taking his detector and we are all are trying to learn as much as we can about the detecting laws and about the beaches etc. They will be on the beach where they are going but I would like to find this particular Beach so if they happen to be in the neighborhood my grandson might try his luck at a "known" wreck site. HH and thanks very much, Charlie

The 1715 Spanish Treasure Fleet. The town of Sebastian, Florida has the Mel Fisher museum. Visit their bookstore and pick up a copy of "Shipwrecks near Wabasso Beach" by Earnie "Seascribe" Richards. It has a map of the local beaches and their access points. Crossover the Wabasso causeway and you will be at those beaches.

Also visit the McClarty Treasure museum (state run museum) ($2) about a mile south of the Sebastian bridge on A1A. Look thru their scrapbook of news clippings on the counter.

He will enjoy this

https://www.wesh.com/article/man-finds-treasure-possibly-linked-to-1715-spanish-fleet/10034643

Thanks ROBOCOP, that's some good info I will pass it on to my Son and Grandson .That may even encourage my son to take The Troy X5 out of the closet and try It on the beach. I gave it to him years ago and he never quite got the fever for detecting, so maybe he will catch a little of the fever while they are at the beach. Thanks again, Charlie