Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PATRIOT METER

beau61

Have it on my Sov GT. Very accurate, just use it land hunting. Wondering if a anyone else uses one.
Like hunting with tones so don’t use it all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
I tied 2 of this meter in case the first one was bad, for me it wasnt for me, but some really like it, but no longer being made. the one thing I did like about it was the back lite on the meter as very good. I bet that they are hard to find anymore and do wonder how many were sold as you dont see any advertised anymore used.

Rick

Have it on my Sov GT. Very accurate, just use it land hunting. Wondering if a anyone else uses one.
Like hunting with tones so don’t use it all the time.
I hunted with the original meter with tremendous success then moved up
To the Sunray DYI III meter works for me. I rember the patriot meter was kinda expensive even back then.

Yes they were quite expensive and well built, but tried many different meters and I too found the SunRay DTI meters work the best for me. With the Sovereign the 180 meter is right on and those close tones the numbers could tell the difference between the zinc penny and copper one, The zinc penny would read 176 to 177 while the copper would be 179-180 and those early wheat and the IH read the 176-177 also, but deeper sounding . the nickles seem to read 144-145 for me and the 146- 150 was the round pulltabs and the beaver tail would be 141. I never could do that with any other meter, so I used to do the mod on all the 550 meter to make easier to tell the difference like the 180 meter as the 550 numbers would overlap on the numbers, infact the GT came out with the 180 meter as they too seen it was a better ID.

Rick

Had to take it out, been a while. Have 6 coils for the Sov, used the GT.
5 of the coils are Minelab coils and one Cors coil for the GT. All Minelab coils were spot on with the meter, very accurate. Cors 13”/12” coil didn’t work well at all, wouldn’t calibrate. No problem calibrating with Minelab coils. Good meter. Cors coil did work well on GT, just not on the meter. Body mounted the control box.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18