Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

patriot & nel sharpshooter

CaDigginDawg

Received the coil on Monday and
got it mounted on the patriot.
First thought's was this thing is
small. Got some time today to
try it out a local park sense I had
a few hours to kill while waiting
for my son to get work.
Set patriot up all metal sen 65
+2 thres 1 tone and went to work.

Hit a couple of zincs real quick
and I played with them to get a
fell of how the coil responded
on pinpointing and depth of target.
Wow this coil is money, best coil I've
ever used, I like it better then the 11 DD.
Target separation is outstanding and
depth read out was spot on. This coil
loves the nickles , I pulled 7 nickles which
is way above my average (3-4) on a full
days hunt. Having a read out of 27-29
its great to be able to pick those out.

Max depth was one quarter at 6" on the
screen and that was correct as my digger
has stamped rule on it. Pinpointing is good
And lands directly under the shaft connection
point. The wiggle and pull also worked well.

I think I'm going to injoy the smaller footprint
and its separation abilitys. Thanks to all who
did reviews on this coil. Hope this review helps
out anyone thinking about buying this coil.

Definitely a great coil on the Patriot. I was trying some new settings with it last night. Running with Disc @4, De mode, 99 Sense, Thresh @-3, 1F tones and no notch, I was able to pull two copper pennies at about 5-6 inches in my "hunted out" yard. I did dig about 5 rusty nails that sounded good, one was 8+ inches down and read the depth spot on. That one had me excited for a minute. This was all at my home that I've hit over and over anytime I have a free hour to kill. Also, make sure you ground balance in all-metal mode with sensitivity around 50. I found that if I ground balance in Disc with a high sensitivity, the display reads deeper than the actual target. That was per NEL's instructions that came with the coil. HH

I have a sharpshooter on a T2. Very light and a great balance.Great coverage,great depth and solid numbers. I never take it off. It is really not much smaller than the 11 dd to me.

I usually hit a site with the factory coil on my Patriot, then hit it again and again with the Sharpshooter. I like to cover the ground pretty thoroughly,especially if I hit a couple good targets in the area.

I also noticed that emi effects this coil
less then the 11" DD. Its just seems more
stable to me , maybe the better shielding &
the size of the coil.