Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Patriot not powering on

Quake

Curious if anyone has had a power on problem with there patriot.
We took it out yesterday along with my Deus, She had a problem with the sound it stopped working so i turned the detector off and back on that solved that problem.
So i buried a few coins in the yard today to see if we could detect them, She went and tried to turn her patriot on and nothing no power at all.
Detector is 2 years old my girlfriends detector still looks brand new as she doesn't go out in the heat, I have checked the
batteries and replaced the batteries and still does not power on.
Any suggestion's are appreciated, Never registered it but i bought it from bart at bigboyhobbies do you think i can get it repaired for free from fisher ????
I plan on calling them in the morning also.

First Texas warranties their detectors for 5 years for the original purchaser, so you should be covered for any repairs.

The detector doesn't have to be registered when you purchase it for the warranty, what they'll want is a copy of your receipt to show proof of purchase. Hopefully you saved it, if not Bart might be able to help you get another.

Good luck!

Nope can't find the receipt had a hard time finding manual and the rest of the paperwork that came with it.
Thanks for the info, I'll call Bart tomorrow hope he still has my info on file.

Update sent the detector in for repair just got it back today, Not impressed.
First the box has some crap all over it might be who ever they got to ship it fault so i cant blame them for that.
I hear this rattling in the box opened it up and a broken coil bolt lay in the box and i mean broken in half.
Next part was where the batteries go in that whole black part is sloppy not nice and tight like it was
not impressed at all with there repairs. This is my girlfriends detector and she is pissed, now i have to hear all this and that
about her beloved patriot not being how it was thanks repair Department.
Good note they did get it working seems a wire came loose in that black plastic part where the speakers are housed.

Sorry to hear about your FT repair issues. But I'm a little confused about what you're saying.

Was the broken coil bolt an extra one that they for some reason left in your package, or was it the coil bolt that was supposed to be functioning on your detector?

When you say the black part where the batteries go in is sloppy, not tight. What does that mean? Are you talking about the little black piece that is the battery cover or the entire control box? When you say sloppy, do you mean the control box is loose? What about the detector is not as it was?

In your one picture I can see the soiling to the box they shipped in, but I can't figure out what that other pic is.

Entire control box wobbles back and forth and no its not a loose screw as i checked them.

And she put the coil bolt in the box when she sent it and that's what came back.

If the control box is loose that is a faulty repair. I'd call FT, tell them what happened, and along with a RMA insist on a prepaid shipping label to send it back for proper repair.