Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Patriot

jensman86

Just updated to the teknetics patriot from the ace 250.
What should I expect out of this machine compared to the ace 250?

jensman86 said:
Just updated to the teknetics patriot from the ace 250.
What should I expect out of this machine compared to the ace 250?

More of...everything!

Plenty have found tons with the Aces, lots with most other detectors too but you have just graduated to another class and it should show in the targets and treasures you will find.
Much more power and greater depth, control over gain and threshold in all modes, all metal, 7 tone choices and about a million setting configurations to adjust and control them all.

I have found much with many detectors, a favorite I used for three seasons was an F2 and not many could say I did not ring out if it more than most thought possible and it showed in my finds but once I got the F70, and learned to control it, I was able to explore a different and much deeper and larger world.
Sometimes, if we are lucky, we just click with certain detectors and in this one I found my soul mate.
My jaw dropped on my first hunt and has not stopped for three years, the targets I found in some of the most difficult sites you can imagine shocked me, more than that was what I was able to find in sites I had scoured with other detectors more times than I could count.
My bucket list was very long at one time, it is much shorter now and I have checked off a few things I never thought were even possible.

Before I even knew what I was doing with mine I found many great things, coins, jewelry and more, as I learned it better and better the volume and quality of finds grew with that knowledge and learning curve...and for all I know, discovered and learned I still believe I have barely touched the surface of what it is actually capable of.

Tons of help here learning it, the F70 posts can be a great learning tool and the F75 and T2 come from the same DNA, they have the same core engine driving them so much that applies to one can be adapted to the others.
Your world, and this hobby, has now been opened up to you and you should be shocked at how big that world actually is.
Learn it slow, learn it fast but learn it well...and have fun doing it.
If you do that the rewards will be great.
You will see.

Like Digger27 said, Read a lot of the posts. I have hit a few places multiple times. Just by setting the machine up slightly different each time, I seem to pick up new targets. There are a few posts with recommendations for helping separate good targets from trash. I like starting with high disc, De speed, high sense, Thresh at -1, 1F tones and notching in nickles on a new site and cherry picking at first. Then I'll drop the DISC to 4, De speed, Sense as high as the falsing allows without annoying me, Thresh at -2 to -4 depending on what I'm picking up, 4 Tones and no notch. These are just some of my favorite settings to hit a site twice. There are a lot of others that are talked about in posts. Digger27 is the F70/Patriot guru, so check out his posts, very informative.

You will be happy with your purchase. I would go back over the places you hunted with that farrett. You may be surprised at what all you left behind. Have fun!!

So I got the new patriot today put it together took it to try it out and hmmmmm I'm not sure what to think. I'm sure there's a learning curve with the machine so I'm not to concerned at the moment but I had some issues. So here they go 1st I never could get it to quite down it stays very nosiey no matter the sensitivity or the threshold
#2 while it did pick up items the target I'd was way off it registered a bolt between 85-90 and that was the only constant reading I got. The rest of the time it bounced around all over the place. Now with that being said I am new to this type of machine and it could be user error but showing a bolt at 90 seems off to me. So any thoughts?

jensman86 said:
So I got the new patriot today put it together took it to try it out and hmmmmm I'm not sure what to think. I'm sure there's a learning curve with the machine so I'm not to concerned at the moment but I had some issues. So here they go 1st I never could get it to quite down it stays very nosiey no matter the sensitivity or the threshold
#2 while it did pick up items the target I'd was way off it registered a bolt between 85-90 and that was the only constant reading I got. The rest of the time it bounced around all over the place. Now with that being said I am new to this type of machine and it could be user error but showing a bolt at 90 seems off to me. So any thoughts?

Bolt...85-90 easy.
First thing to a factory reset...hold the Ground Grab and Menu buttons down at the same time then turn it on.
If you see an 88 show up on the screen it is reset.
Factory settings should be quiet a fairly stable, if you only tried it in one site go somewhere else and see what happens.
Frequently people first try hunting around their homes which could have a lot if WiFi issues, parks usually don't.

Sense down to 50-40-30 should definitely be quiet with the thresh down to -2 to -3 or so, DE speed.
If it acts like this at more than one site you might have a bad coil.
Don't know why but I have heard of two hunters that got new units that had the same kind of issues and they both had bad coils.
Strange but it happens.

Do the reset, try it at another site and see what happens.

bigtim1973 said:
Take it outside too. First Texas units do not like to be indoors.

When we were kids neither did we.
Nowadays computer games and a thousand cable channels have changed that.