Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PC mapping and Findpoint

weequay

Does anyone know if "PC Mapping" and "Findpoint" is only for PC, or will it also work on a MAC?
If only for PC, does Minelab have plans to make it available for MAC in the near future?
Curious that they have made the "Epic Find App" for iPhone.

As a multi-Apple user who finds significant value of integrating maps, GPS, waypoints, photos, and finds, being able to use this software on a MAC is most important to me.
If availble forPC only, then as a non-PC user, these functions would be useless.

Consider Wine or Boot Camp.

HH
BB

BarnacleBill said:
Consider Wine or Boot Camp.

HH
BB

Wine would be great. It avoids the hastle of having to install, and by the license for, a second O.S.

weequay said:
Does anyone know if "PC Mapping" and "Findpoint" is only for PC, or will it also work on a MAC?
If only for PC, does Minelab have plans to make it available for MAC in the near future?

As a multi-Apple user who finds significant value of integrating maps, GPS, waypoints, photos, and finds, being able to use this software on a MAC is most important to me.
If availble forPC only, then as a non-PC user, these functions would be useless.

PC's cost half what a Mac does. PC's still have 90 percent of the world market so I am never surprised when this or that program is still aimed at this vast market. Maybe it is time for you to get a PC if this new machine only works on that market. Anything bad you've heard about PC's, especially ones with Windows 7 is pure fantasy.

ramer said:
weequay said:

PC's cost half what a Mac does. PC's still have 90 percent of the world market so I am never surprised when this or that program is still aimed at this vast market. Maybe it is time for you to get a PC if this new machine only works on that market. Anything bad you've heard about PC's, especially ones with Windows 7 is pure fantasy.

Well, we have both machines in my household, my girlfriend is running a Windows 7 laptop and me and Imac (my first - been a Windows or Linux guy.)

I am a former IT expert and still am connected to the industry and can say without a doubt, you last sentence is not true. The amount of viruses, malware, etc. on PC's is astronomical. Most users that have them don't know they have them as they often aren't malicious outright per say, they just steal your keystrokes, use your machine when you don't know it, etc. Now, one can rightfully argue that it is just a matter of time before these things infect Macs as their popularity grows and I think it is inevitable but only to a point. The way the actual OS' are designed, the way software is distributed (and a host of other points) makes for more problems with Windows over Macs (which are really running a flavor of Linux/Unix).

That said, I miss my PC! I am a bit tired of not finding certain software or of compatibility issues, such as with the CTX. Hopefully Wine solves the issue, I'll post the results as soon as I know. I do have to say, Macs have a lot of things going for them, like in general - They just work, are more intuitive (though that is changing) and don't have near the problems with the before mentioned evils.