Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

peculiar weather patterns.

david(tx)

last night we had a line of cool dry air moving east meet warm moist air.i think most people know what happens next.they had a small tornado south of here about 15 miles.it snapped a bunch of trees on one man's place and further south straight line winds tore up stuff.we didn't have it as bad as the folks in oklahoma and it moved through fast.

but my post is about areas that are peculiar,in that they experience something different while others have all hell break loose.the sabine river runs southwest of where i live and of course there is a bottom that exists and three concrete bridges that are there.last night there was a continious line of storms,the stretched probably 75 miles and just as it approached the area where i live it split and we didn't get it as bad.

i've seen this happen many times.not all the time but enough that it is noticeable.i wonder if the river or some topographical feature(i hope thats right:))would be causing this.i don't mind it although you miss the heavier rain sometimes.there is a 800 acre lake about 6 miles south and i think this may be whats causing the split.water attracting water.well.thats my theory:),wondered if others notice stuff like that around their area.

n/t

n/t

While out on Long Island Sound fishing maybe twenty years ago, I noticed a thunderstorm approaching from the west/southwest as they often do in the warmer months.

I, being out in an aluminum boat, thought it wise to head to the boat launch only a couple of miles away. The storm was a slow mover, but had a lot of fireworks blasting as it got closer. My boat was safely on its trailer and I stood watching as the storm hit the western edge of the Connecticut River only a little over a mile away.

Maybe ten minutes had passed between my seeing the storm and my quickly cranking my boat onto the trailer. When it reached the river, much to my dis-belief, it turned and went upstream and disappeared in the distance!!

Years before, back in Texas, I saw a rain storm that I will never forget. It was a fourth of July weekend and I was on my way to Bay City to pick up some parts for my Dad's Jacuzzi well pump. We ran into heavy rain maybe eight miles from the house. There was no turbulence, lightening etc., but it was raining so hard I was barely able to see the road. When I reached the fence-line bordering on the State Park and picnic area at the Colorado River, just before reaching Bay City, the rain stopped. No, actually I drove out of a wall of rain into bright sunshine!

There were people sitting at picnic tables less than a hundred feet from a wall of water and not a drop of water fell on them! A half an hour or so later I headed back. pump part in hand and the wall of water was still there and I would swear it hadn't moved an inch toward the picnickers!

i don't know how they fared for the rest of the day, but for me that half hour was like something out of science fiction!

My point is, when it comes to weather, especially in Texas, anything is possible!!!