Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pendant

Rivermarine1

Sorry, the picture isn't too good, but I found this a couple of weeks ago near an old elementary school that was closed many years ago. It is silver plated over bronze, but I am afraid to polish too much so I don't loose the plating. One of the clips is still on the back, but the pin and other one is missing. It is pretty weathered. Just wondering if anyone had come across one like it?

Thats a really cool looking pendant, looks like a bird in nest on a limb. Congats, never seen anything like that. The closest I've come is 1 ruby earring still on the cardboard card with the price tag still on it, said $1.99 on Sale and I'm sure that was for 2.

Does look like bronze...I cannot see any Silver in the pic, but it may just be the picture quality...I am sorry I cannot help you with identifying it...can you find any writing on the back side of the brooch?

HH,

BH-LandStar

no, i haven't found one exactly like it, but it's a nice victorian era brooch. i'd say around 1890-1910. the couple of old brooches i've found were either twisted and broken or half rotten. but it's a nice example you have there. they were also flaking off, so i cleaned them up a bit and sprayed them with a light coat of polyurethane, then put each in a small plastic bag. no more flaking. nice find, they don't come around too often. hh,

I had tried to clean it, but it has a huge amount of tarnish on it. When I first cleaned it, especially on the back, but as I tried to clean, some of the plating came off, so I stopped to prevent further damage.