Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Penny hoard?:shrug:

Tseeker

Got the itch to do some detecting yesterday but did not want to go far. So I just continued searching around my house, which I have been doing on and off, but until now have found virtually nothing. Searching around the azalea bushes by the side of the house, which I thought I had already done, I started finding pennies. Many were just under the surface but mostly in a small area about a foot and a half square down no more than a couple of inches among the roots. Frequently I would just grab a handful of dirt and find 3 or 4 at a time. The Vaquero just kept giving signal after signal. A total of 104 so far. All Lincolns or 'zincolns' and ranging in date from 1962-1996 And I'm not done yet! I only quit because it was getting late. There was some corrosion on the zincs of course, but most were still readable and some still had some copper shine to them. No clad, no silver, just pennies. It's very strange, like someone just decided to dump all their excess pennies at this spot in the not too distant past for some reason, which would account for their relatively good condition. Or maybe my house is some kind of traditional wishing well type of place or something. I don't know. It's very strange but it's fun finding them no matter what the reason, even if it is not great treasure.

Maybe a stash by a youngster.
Maybe there is more down deeper.
It's cool though when you find a Hoard..No matter the denomination.