Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Penny Modder be aware. :surprised:

silversmith

When you do the penny trick to a Garrett Propointer, you do get a large sensitivity boost. However if you tape the penny on to the body, turn off the unit and turn it back on, the unit appears to adjust itself to include the penny and the sensitivity goes back to as normal without the penny, GULP :surprised: I haven't figured what to do about that yet, accept wear a glove and drop a penny down a finger, but that's not really cool. Any ideas ??????????????

Wear a ring on the hand that holds the pinpointer. When supertuning slide the ringfinger down the shaft till it starts to go off in the air, then move finger up till it just stops chattering. I find my pinpointer starts to chatter when the ring gets close to the light. I use my wedding band for this purpose and just slide my hand down a little.

If you don't wear rings it seems like you could use a small washer on a string tied around the endcap that you could slide up and down the sensitive area.

blacktoe

hummm have to try this one...:clapping:

I applied a strip of 1/2 inch adhesive-backed velcro along the side from just below
the battery cap to a point just opposite the on/off button, then took a dime and
backed it with the other (hook?) part of velcro, trimmed it around the dime and
leave it stowed up near the battery cap when not in use. You just have to remember
to remove and stow if you retune or turn it off for awhile and then back on.

This is also an interesting thread that explains how the PP achieves that little "trick".

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?32,1102535,1102583#msg-1102583