Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

people are talking about the racer ,but

New girlfriend comes to mind lol. I actually like the CoRe better. Not quite as sparky seems like or just a different audio, on the less sparky side.

JFlynn said:
New girlfriend comes to mind lol. I actually like the CoRe better. Not quite as sparky seems like or just a different audio, on the less sparky side.

thanks,i might buy one or the other

tinusbum said:
why arent they talking about the fors core? i thought they were the same except for the body style.

They talk about them all the time on the Nokta forum :detecting:

They are also constantly compared to the Racer on this forum as they appear to be based on similar hardware/software platforms.

I ordered the Racer pro pack and is a great machine. In some metal detecting horse trade'n on some other machines that I have I ended up with a new standard package Fors CoRe. As far as performance they seem to be equals. I like the TID display of the Racer, whereas its easy to see and to make changes is very fast. However, the ergonomics of the Fors CoRe machine vs. the Racer is much better. The Racer is great with the small coil. But when using the 11 x 7 the CoRe machine balances and feels much better. Its so much nicer to swing. Its not bad on the Racer, but when you swing the 11 x 7 on the CoRe and then go back to the Racer with the 11 x 7 you can really tell a difference. So now I just leave the small 4.7 x 5" coil on the Racer full time and use it the most in my iron infested sites. When I want to hunt more open less trash areas I grab the CoRe machine that has the 11 x 7 mounted full time. Makes a great pair :) And if that pair doesn't work I can always grab my good ol' trusty M6 :smoke: I do wish they would have used the same coil design on the Racer as they did on the CoRe machine. Where the rod mounts in the center of the coil and on the Racer 11 x 7 the rod attaches more towards the rear of the coil. Also I feel the grip on the racer is a little too vertical and could be relaxed a bit........but not a big deal. They both feel and work great. I have seen and felt a lot worst.

i bought a Core at Thanksgiving, and a Racer a month ago. The Racer has far more horsepower that the Core that I owned, had.

I'll tell ya if it's that much better you better get a backhoe cause I dug a Barber dime with the CoRe today with that big ole coil that was every bit of a foot down maybe deeper it was pretty muddy.

Farmerstan said:
I'll tell ya if it's that much better you better get a backhoe cause I dug a Barber dime with the CoRe today with that big ole coil that was every bit of a foot down maybe deeper it was pretty muddy.

Farmer Stan! Thank you for your input!

How are you liking the biggun coil on the CoRe? I've only used mine once (my first time out, so I was still trying to understand the machine), and haven't tried it again yet. But a foot down on the barber dime? WOW! Now that's what I'm talking about!

I had a nice hunt with the stock coil on the CoRe over the weekend with relic hunting. Soooooooo now I'm thinking that I should try the biggun next time we get down there! What settings were you using with the biggun coil?

Thanks,
Bubba