Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

People's National Bank Token

coin-star

I am trying to find an approximate date for the token. I have found VERY little online.

Looks like this was a bank from 1880's to 1980's. Token was found at a house built in early 1930's. Oldest coins I have found at the house are 1935 Silver quarter and 1944 wheat cent.

ID was in the copper penny, dime range. Back is pretty hard to read but mentions something about "50c if you open a savings account of $5.00 or more. . . january 1st to july 1st" Unfortunately I don't see a year.

This thing has dried out more and is getting flaky, so I don't want to tooth pick it or brush it any more. Edges are already worse than when I took the photos.

CS

That's a great find. Well done!

The Leesburg building where the Peoples National Bank was located is now the "Lightfoot Restaurant".

A photograph of it is on the restaurant's website:

http://www.lightfootrestaurant.com/about/

The site mentions that the building was "constructed in 1888 and served as Peoples National Bank for more than half a century."

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks Joe. I found the same article. I am maybe an hour from there, so maybe I'll go eat there some time. Something tells me I should cash in my clad to so I can pay for dinner at that place! :beers:

CS