Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Perfoormance of 8" coil

Frank L

Does anyone use the 8" excelerator coil? If so, what differences do you find over the 5.3 Eclipse coil (other than the obvious size difference)? Is there enough differential to warrant the $160.00 sale price from Kelleyco? Thanks

Frank L

I'd like to know, also. I have the 5.3, but haven't used the EX 8",
BB

A lot depends on whether you need a DD instead of a concentric. In Illinois the 8" is deeper than the 5.3. Being a bigger coil that is no surprise. It is deeper than the 6x10 and I think it is at least as deep as my 9.5. I used it most of the time until I started using the 10". For my hunting I use the 10" for more open space and the 6" for the trash. So right now I'm not using mine. It really is a hot coil and I found I liked it better than the 4.5x7. It is a little deeper than that coil also. Rob

Thanks, Rob-I knew someone here would have an answer--also, what characteristics of the 10" coil would make it preferable to the stock coil? Does the one-half inch difference in size make that much difference in depth? In my hunting area and site choice, coins will rarely be found over 4" due to the nature of the soil (unless fill-dirt or St Augustine grass extends this coin-horizon further down.) Pardon the rambling-it's early AM. Frank

I don't know where you live or your soil conditions, but any of the coils should get coins at 4". If the coins are no deeper than 4" than the 10" would just get you more coverage. The 8" and 10" are DD coils and in my soil they are deeper than concentric coils like the 5.3 and 9.5 coils. In my soil the 10" runs quieter and is at least 1.5" deeper than the 9.5. In milder soil he concentric would be a deeper set up. Rob

What is important is if there is a problem, is it taken care of. There were some problems at one time just the same as there was a problem with the new Whites 10D2 coil.
The important thing is there is a problem with a coil, Whites takes care of the problem and so will Kellyco. I've had great luck with the 5", 6", 8" and 10" Excelerator. Rob

boilerdude said:
Just curious, where are EX coils made? I have heard quality control can be spotty.
I have not heard of any quality control problems with Excelerator coils. I have 6 Excelerator coils and have not had one problem with any them. I have hunting pardners who use them, not to mention the folks on this forum who use them and I have never heard them complain about quality control problems. I am sure if there were any quality control issues Kellyco would take care of them.. HH Dennis in Idaho

I seem to find more coins on edge with the 8" excel. , I like the balance over the stock. no problems with the quality. HH