Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Performed some of my own tests with the Nox 600...and,

Of course I was very impressed with the results. One thing puzzled me, though, it had a heck of a hard time detecting g a dime close to a bent nail. No matter the orientation of the nail, the dime had to be at least 2.5" to 3" away from the nail to get a signal.

This surprised me as it did so well with testing otherwise...

Thats going to be very tough for any detector. The deeper the target, the harder to distinguish them. did you try adjusting recovery speed and your sweep speed? Did you get ANY positive signal? did you try "wiggling" the coil slowly across the targets?

Search "Monte's nail board test" do some tests of your own, or watch some of the videos of people doing the tests.

My CTX with 6” coil won’t pass that test either, it’s very eye opening to see how little it takes to make a machine of any kind “miss” a coin or not even respond. And...the response you might get is likely something you won’t dig anyway, really. If it’s one thing I’ve found out it’s this...when a machine starts really getting good at one thing, it really starts sucking at something else. At some point we have to have confidence that the engineers have made things as good as they can be. It’s interesting to see firsthand the limitations, but in the end there are limitations. In almost ALL cases of a coin being dug with nails in a hole, the coin was ABOVE the nails to begin with or the nail was far enough away from the coin for the return field to be picked up and reported, and you just saw how far away that has to be, with the settings you were using.