Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

permission contract

thsfineday

i am looking for a generic hunting permission contract that i can download and use this year. I have a lot of sites i am looking at that will need permission to hunt and there is no time like winter to obtain this. if someone has one they can send me it would be very helpful. thanks in advance for your help. ron

Recently, I sent this email to the Parks and Recreation Department of Salt Lake County and wanted written authorization to hunt in the county parks:

Dear Sir or Madam:

I should like to use a metal detector in Salt Lake County Parks. If
this activity is permissible please advise me as to the action I must
take to receive written authorization.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

RSB

This is the response I received:

Using a metal detector in County Parks is permissible. However, digging
holes and disturbing existing site conditions is considered vandalism of
public property. We have many people who detect and probe with a
screwdriver to find the treasure and leave no damage. Written permission is
not required for the latter, and permission would not be granted to dig
holes with a shovel or larger implement for the purpose of detecting.

(Signed: WJ, P&R)

I have printed this email with my question and the response and will accompany me during my hunting sessions in the county parks. This is not a generic authorization for everything but it should help in the event I encounter a dumb deputy.

nice idea..looks like a great response..:clapping::detecting:

I have a couple laying around here somewhere in the mountains of stuff I have. I'll see if I can locate them. No one has asked about one in years.

Bill

Looks like you'll have to become a coin popper. Are you experienced in this procedure? I have a diagram of how to do it. Only way I retrieve coins and goodies.

Bill

Uncle Willy said:
Looks like you'll have to become a coin popper. Are you experienced in this procedure? I have a diagram of how to do it. Only way I retrieve coins and goodies.

Bill

I'm interested in the 'coin popper' procedure.
Would you please post?

This procedure requires a probe and a big scewdriver. Probe and locate the coin and leave the probe in the ground. Then push the tip of the screwdrier down alongside and past the coin about an inch. Pull the probe out of the ground and lay the handle up against the screwdriver shaft to use as a fulcrum, then press the handle of the screwdriver down in the direction shown and the coin will pop out of the ground. The ground will usually open up like a clam shell and all you have to do is step on it hard after you have recovered the coin to close it back up. This takes a bit of practice but is easily mastered and you'll never have to dig another hole.

Bill

I used to have a bunch of old permission slips paer clipped together in my glove box of my old car not just for detecting but for accessing property for various reasons mainly work related (which I did after hours most of the time anyway) but to get to the point when a deputy or someone asks for proof of permission and you are going through all these "yes you have permission..."yes you have permission...etc...the person usually gives in and says ok just go ahead. :clsoedeyes:

Eventually I would have found the one pertaining to the property I was on but...it used to work real well.

The key thing is to use highlighters (markers) to highlight dates, names, the property, all pertainant data should be highlighted, so the individual asking questions or confronting you sees clearly what is on the paper. This helps and saves time.

Don

Thanks for posting that diagram, Uncle Willy. I will have to try and put that to work next time I get out of the house and do some detecting.