Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

permission

rtaff

Can you hunt a city park without permission from the city? Who would you ask? I live in Ga. I know you cant detect in a state park. Are they any public places that you could go without permission? Thanks

I called a buddy that works in our city Recreation Department.
He looked up the city statutes and cold find no rules or laws against it but to be safe he transferred my call to the head of the Rec. Dept. I was assured that it was cool with them and he hapenned to have the head honcho of the Parks dept sittng right there also.
Getting the o.k. from the Parks and the o.k from the Rec departments I feel covered my rear end.
I was told not to use a back-hoe and to fill and smooth my holes and have fun.
Every city will have different rules so give a call to the Parks department and see what the head guy says.

In Michigan the State Parks have a web site some are open to hunter's not all.GA may have a web site explaining metal detecting in their parks.Most city parks here are open as long as you don't interrupt people in the park and keep your digging to a mini mun.I agree with Gordy it wouldn't hurt to contact someone to get permission first.

I have detected Savannah City parks..There are about 19 of them ..No problems from anyone......Hope that helps !!

[quote Elton]I have detected Savannah City parks..There are about 19 of them ..No problems from anyone......Hope that helps !![/quote]

I bet those parks gave up some good stuff. Didn't do the graveyard did you?

I use to live on Hilton Head and went to school at Savannah Tech.

I use to live on Hilton Head and went to school at Savannah Tech.[/quote]

Man thats some cemetary isn't it..The Monuments are fantastic..Bet there is some old stuff along the old gravel roads..And in the back next to the water way.
I did find a few keepers in the city square parks.....I also detected a lot on Tybee Island..but didn't find a lot. In the just off downtown area I didn't see a yard I didn't want to detect. Theres also the cemetary just South of town that looks like a lot of people have visited for many many years..........I will be back there in a few months and detect a little more.