Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Permits?

Hankscraft

What a crock! I have been to these parks dozens of times. Went to one of the city parks this morning, did about 2-3 minutes of swinging around the jungle gyms. This park ranger pulls up and asks me if I have a permit to metal dectect? Say what? I repond. He says yeh the city now requires a permit for only a durration of 6 month to metal detect in our parks. You need to pick no more than 20 parks and the city has to approve you and then they mail you a permit to carry in your wallet. "I will just give you a verbal warning" he tells me. And the online permit says your not allowed to dig!. Officer says too many nut jobs out there digging up sprinkler heads and leaving trash that they dont want. He said he caught two guys one with a detector from walmart and the other guy with a pick axe! These boozo's are making it hard for us clean safe diggers to find good areas. I for one will not get the permit from the city and will not search in their parks anymore. "I did find enough coins for a free cup of coffee before I got the boot!" Oh well, Swing on...

[size=large]would help to know what city?

HH[/size]

Hi Hankscraft. Personally, your post made me so mad I could spit! First at the Jerks who probably DID make a mess in those parks and second because of the close minded Gubmint bureaucrats with their head up their #@# ! They know were not ALL jerks, there just hoping people will actually buy permits so they can waste the money elsewhere! I'd have told them to stick their permit up their, well, you know! Sorry for the rant. That just "got me!" :pulltab: