Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

personal tragedy slant on gun control

Ed Steinhoff

My daughter and her boyfriend were both killed by an unknown assailant in their home almost a year ago. They were shot to death with a small caliber pistol at close range. The boyfriend, outside on his way to work and our daughter inside, at temping to defend her three young sons.
Not one time since that gut wrenching day did it ever cross my mind, or my wife's, that guns were to blame or that we need more gun control!
In fact I am going to make a statement that my shock a lot of people.
I THANK GOD THAT MY DAUGHTER WAS KILLED WITH A GUN!
The autopsy report shows that the first bullet entered her side and past through her lung and heart, killing her instantly! the rest of the shots were redundant, she was dead before she hit the floor!
Bad people are going to do bad things. that's a solid fact and if they don't use guns they will just as easily use knives , axes, clubs . rocks etc.
If her and her family were being attacked, it is some small solace that she died instantly and painlessly, rather than being hacked to pieces, chopped or brutally clubbed to death!
The perpetrator remained in the house for a period of time. During which the oldest grandson ( 8yrs ) who had been taught from an early age, proper gun safety and use. Got his two younger brothers, ages 6 and 2, dressed, gathered up them and the family dog, plus a .22 rifle and ammo from the (gasp ) unlocked gun cabinet and ushered them all to safety at the neighbors house. The shooter fled during this time period and even though it is not know for sure, one has to speculate that grandson #1,emerging armed from the bedroom might have been enough of a deterrent to avoid further horror!
Teach your children proper gun handling, safety and use at an early age, uphold the constitution, and defend your rights as a loyal America before its two late!
A grieving Grandpa.
HH Ed in co.

Making good people defenseless is sure not the answer...

G..

Jeez Ed, that's horrific. Sorry that you will feel that ache for the rest of your days.

Thank you all for your kind words. Update on this story, the assailant has just been arrested and now begins the convoluted trial process. Hope the silly laws that protect crimminals don't make as mess of it!
Remember---Guns are not the problem---The sinfull nature of fallen man is!!
HH Ed in co.

n/t

Go to www.alamosanews.com for the front page update in the Valley Courier newspaper. Articles have also appeared in the Pueblo Chieftain and Denver Post.
HH Ed in co.

Sorry ----- the january 12th issue

n/t

Sorry for not getting back to you, work had me out of town. goggle "valley courier" when that newspapers web site comes up click search in the tool bar at the top of the page. in the date line put in jan 12 2013. headline is "New details emerge in homicide case" , that will bring up the report you want.
HH Ed in co.