Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Photo of Makro Racer Pro Package

"Nokta and Makro is all about what the customers need because your satisfaction is our motivation. We are taking out the 10''X5'' coil from the pro package and replacing it with a 5''x4.5'' small coil and revising the MSRP to $849 instead of $899. Hope this makes some of you guys happy. We will keep the 10" x 5.5" coil as an optional coil. This coil size will be the stock coil on the Gold Racer version that will be launched in a few months. Thank you! "

[attachment 306852 makro-racer-pro-package.jpg]

Here are the optional environmental covers (included in Pro Package), optional Bluetooth dongle & headphones, and optional 10" x 5.5" DD coil:

[attachment 306853 makro-racer-accessories.jpg]

[attachment 306854 makro-racer-optional-bluetooth.jpg]

thanks for posting those Steve. I am really curious as to the cost of the wireless headphones and hopefully they fit like killer b or gray ghosts and arent like the koss ur-30. those things fell off my head

The real question is if this is a standard Bluetooth signal. There have been issues with Bluetooth in the past having a slight delay or lag in the sound signal. On the other hand, if it is standard Bluetooth, then your problem is solved because any compatible Bluetooth headphones should work.

The latency (lag) issue has been addressed in the latest versions of Bluetooth according to information at http://theheadphonelist.com/wireless-fidelity-making-sense-bluetooth-headphone-technology/ I assume since Makro is calling it Bluetooth ot conforms to one of the standards.

yes it could be solved but wouldnt we have to purchase the bluetooth dongle from makro anyhow? if thats the case we will already be invested in their headphones because it doesnt look like the dongle will come seperate..

steve herschbach said:
The real question is if this is a standard Bluetooth signal. There have been issues with Bluetooth in the past having a slight delay or lag in the sound signal. On the other hand, if it is standard Bluetooth, then your problem is solved because any compatible Bluetooth headphones should work.

The latency (lag) issue has been addressed in the latest versions of Bluetooth according to information at http://theheadphonelist.com/wireless-fidelity-making-sense-bluetooth-headphone-technology/ I assume since Makro is calling it Bluetooth ot conforms to one of the standards.

Well yes, but at least there would be options. Their headphones may be just fine and so a moot point. I am sure some people will like them and some won't, it is just the nature of headphones.

Ok just to set it straight. What coils are included in the pro package?
I know we are getting the revised small coil. What size is the other since the pro pack comes with 2 coils.
Is it the 11x7?

Thanks

Jason

JASONSPAZ1 said:
I know we are getting the revised small coil. What size is the other since the pro pack comes with 2 coils.
Is it the 11x7?

Thanks

Jason

yes. the 11x7

SavingThePast said:
JASONSPAZ1 said:
Is it the 11x7?

Thanks

Jason

yes. the 11x7

Thanks saving the past.

Steve Thanks for all your timely updates AND really Thanks for your personal website: detectorprospector.com,it is really a Treasure of info.

You are welcome. I admit I am having fun doing it. The new Nokta/Makro partnership is a new player in the US but they have rapidly gained my support and outright enthusiasm with their communication and quick support. And it just so happens that they build equipment that suits my needs in a way few if any do. I like my detectors light, powerful, and relatively simple. I have done the menu and program thing and at the end of the day it does not put any more finds in my pouch. I have been weeding my detector collection down to the nuts and bolts units that get the job done and the upcoming Gold Racer model looks like it will be a critical part of my little detector collection.

steve herschbach said:
I like my detectors light, powerful, and relatively simple. I have done the menu and program thing and at the end of the day it does not put any more finds in my pouch. I have been weeding my detector collection down to the nuts and bolts units that get the job done and the upcoming Gold Racer model looks like it will be a critical part of my little detector collection.

100% Agree. We all may make different choices due to personal preferences, budgets, enviroments and goals, but you summed up my thoughts.

steve herschbach said:
You are welcome. I admit I am having fun doing it. The new Nokta/Makro partnership is a new player in the US but they have rapidly gained my support and outright enthusiasm with their communication and quick support. And it just so happens that they build equipment that suits my needs in a way few if any do. I like my detectors light, powerful, and relatively simple. I have done the menu and program thing and at the end of the day it does not put any more finds in my pouch. I have been weeding my detector collection down to the nuts and bolts units that get the job done and the upcoming Gold Racer model looks like it will be a critical part of my little detector collection.

Agree with you Steve 100%