Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PI detector news - Alexandre Tartar

lytle78

This guy spent 10 years or so studying and modifying PI detectors - mostly Eric Foster machines. A couple of years ago I came across some posts on the Geotech forum about a new PI detector called the Manta, developed by this Alexandre - who is a physicist and electronics developer (with a good day job!). I sort of filed the info away as the project seemed likely not to be developed into a marketable machine.

About a year ago forum member LeJag sold a Manta prototype on this forum

Fast forward to the end of last week. I had called someone at First Texas to ask a few questions about the AmeriTek program. The conversation got around to when FT would deliver on their much rumored new technology. Of course, I got nothing concrete - I didn't expect that.

Imagine my surprise when - as he started talking about the strength of their engineering team - he mentioned that they had recently hired Alexandre Tartar! Wow.

That tells me a lot. We have all wondered when FT would bring out PI detectors, maybe that day just got closer?

Here's a link to his linkdin page - where it says "Physician" - I think he means "Physicist" - the French word is "Physicien".

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tartar-alexandre-b7131b99/

He is a very talented and extremely intelligent individual. Keep your eye on FT....

I know Dave wanted to do a waterproof TDI or a disc PI, but got shot down so hes had his own projects. It will be interesting if this combination of talent produces something that pushes ML out of the number 1 seat. Id sure love to see something that challenges whats out there..... not just another F75 or CZ.

Dew

You can see more info about Alexandre Tartar projects:
http://www.mantametaldetectors.com/

It is a great news that Alexandre joined First Texas Products.

I hope FT will bring out a TDI,waterproof, and on Steroids to show Mr Whites what a mistake they made on their bungled TDI adventure. I guess they were practicing for their MXS launch.LOL

Here's a video....
A couple of disclaimers,

The guys are in France - they speak French

This is not a product - it's an earlier prototype of the technology which Fisher (First Texas) acquired when they did the deal to hire Alexandre Tartar who designed it.

I think the video is "on the up-and-up" - without any intentional trickery or deception. If Forst Texas weren't convinced that there was something worthwhile there, I'm sure they would never have spent whatever it cost them to acquire this.

This detector is showing the following:

Iron discrimination by silencing iron

Iron detection by distintive "multitone" on iron

'See through" of a gold ring under two rusty nails

"See through" (And non-reaction to) black volcanic sand.

2 foot (more or less) depth on a gold coin at the beach

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be