Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PI DETECTORS.

coin2

HI
New hear.I am looking to do some water hunting but can't figer out what modal of a PI would be best to buy.I have been looking at the garret's mark2,and the white's PI PRO. but don't no which one to purches.:unsure:

Hello cion2. I have personally used the Garrett Mark II and it is a great unit. I know of people who use the PI Pro on the water hunting forum (Craig PI, Houndawgg and VA beach Ron and many others)and they really do well with the units. PM me if you would like specifics on the Mark II. I no longer use the Mark II (sold all 3), in favor of the Goldquest Aquasearch. The unit is really sensitive, but you could almost buy 3 Mark IIs for what 1 costs. Lemme know if you need any further help in yer decision. GH

Hello
gulf hunter
Thanks for writing me back. I have some questions to ask you about the garret mark2. . how good is it made? and how heavy is it?compard to the pi pro? and is it worth the money that you pay for it?And what is a microprocessor control cercit. And is their any draw backs about both the pi pro and mark2 that,I should no about?what ,I mean is,is their any thing good or bad about both detectors? thank's coin2

write back.

Both metal detector are pretty good. But if you fork out a couple more bucks buy a Goldquest SS from Mr Bill. It's about the best beach detector on the market. If you want to wade with it get the Goldquest Aquasearch. It's the best you can buy in my opinion.

Happy Holidays & HH
Steve :detecting:

Hello again cion2. The last post of mine on the water hunting forum was with my Goldquest Aquasearch. The unit is $1500 and the deal is you get 1. They are limited production and hand built by Eric Foster. In my opinion it is the most sensitive, deepest, surf PI available. The Mark II is a great unit and a good choice, but as Craig PI said on the water forum, it does read waves as they pass over. I overcame this, by simply letting the wave pass by and continued scanning. I would not recommend that you hip mount anything in the surf though. Mount the control housing to the stem and run it. The Mark II will need to have the underside of the coil coated with Loctite Aquamarine Epoxy, if you hope to have it last. It will wear through and begin to false if you do not keep the coating on it. Do you have a dealer in mind for the Garrett or Whites unit? I know of some good ones. The Aquasearch is pretty quiet for a PI. I don't know how the PI Pro works, but I know that there is a LOT of loot found by those who use them. Where are you located? You might want to ask the locals at the next club meeting and see what works and why. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know cion. GH

HI

I am located in nj. I do no this guy that sell's white's detectors. I am going to ask him if he can show me how it works.I am looking to spend any wear from 500 to 700 hundred dollars for one.Thank you for telling me about the gold quest,and for answearing my questions. but,I have to stay with what i can aford.
thanks coin2:detecting::happy:

The White's or Garrett should be available within the perameters of your budget. I think either would be a good choice, however plan on hunting deep water (knee-chest high), as the waters edge will be more trashy with reguard to ferrous iron and pull tabs. The heavier items will usually be deeper, at least at my beach. You will eventually be able to tell (auditorily) when you have a nail beneath your coil. Craig PI will be a great resource for help with regard to the White's PI Pro, as he is VERY successful with his and lives in the same general area as you do. It would be a big plus if you had a local dealer to support you, because you will break the unit and he will be able to help you. I have broken every brand of surf hunting detector that I have ever owned, so dealer support is vital, if you hope to survive the surf. Good luck with your decision.
[attachment 44238 emblem.JPG]
GH

Been a little hesitant to say much here, being such that I am a dealer for the ones you inquired about.

You might want to look at the Detector Pro Headhunter PI before you do any purchasing. Performance wise it will pass the Garrett & the Surfmaster. This is not to mention the comfortable operation, this super easy to use detector can give. There manufactured near where you live should a need arise for you to contact the manufacture.

I have the Headhunters and the Garretts in stock at all times. A day away for the Surfmaster.

Drop me a note at: wcrabtre@comcast.net for special pricing.

Phone me at: 508-457-4805

My web site: Surfscanner's Web Page

I doubt that there will be a salt water submersible unit operating at 5uS. It would be responding to the salt at that speed. :cry:

You could use it on the beach at 5us.(maybe), but as you went into the water things would change. The deeper you went, the worse it would get. Depending on where, but your Aquasearch must exhibit that problem now as you get out about chest to shoulder depth, with a setting of 10uS. One thing to remember about the salt water, the warmer the water, the higher the strength of the salt content.

I'm sure a Goldscan 5b could be made in a waterproof shell, giving you ferrous/non-ferrous ID'ing. I would guess at a selling price in the $3000. range. :shrug:

The Pulse Devil has been in development for a while. These things take a bit of time to get out there. Lots of R&R needed just to get a sell-a-ble unit ready, never mind go into production. Not to mention the large $$$ outlay needed.

Thank you for the info.I found a dealer,and he is about 20 min's from my home. Ill ckeck him out. what do you think about the DETECTOR PRO PI? How good are they? And have you ever used one?
coin2 write back

Yes while it is true that at 5us it would pick up the saltwater but there are those of us that would like to be able to use the PI in Fresh Water too and don't want to have to buy two machines. A submersible PI that has the adjustment range that can go down as low as 5us would make it possible to have one PI for both Fresh and Saltwater. JMHO

Happy New Year!

HH

Beachcomber