Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PI Machine

Justin E

I'm wondering what a good, reasonably priced pi machine would be. I'm thinking either an infinium or Tesoro Sand Shark. What would be best for relics in East TN? Would I be best sticking with a vlf machine like a T2 or would one of these be a significant improvement?

The Infinium is good for in water, however, if you're hunting for relics on dry land I would not forget about the whites TDI which is renowned for pulse induction relic hunting. A good used one generally sells for around $1000. Good luck in whatever you choose. :detecting:

My only qualm with the TDI is the fact I've never had much luck with a Whites machine. I've used two and never could find anything, including a ring sitting on bare ground.

Perhaps you had a faulty one,Whites machines are as good as anything else out there.Generally speaking a pi should get you a bit more depth(along with a lot more trash) so in certain situations they may give you more finds.....it' definately worth having one as well as a non pi machine if funds allow.

I have a sand shark and do quite well with it. Yeah you dig everything, but it's worth it. It's the best machine in it's price range. Plus a life time warranty.

I have a Sand Shark that I use in the water and around on some beaches and it is a great performer as far as I am concerned.
I don't know if I would want to use it for inland searching for relics.
For me, relic hunting is searching around old home sites back in the woods that are littered with iron and I would get overwhelmed by all the signals.
I use a Vaquero for this type of searching and can decide how much trash I am willing to contend with by using the disc. or all metal mode.
I also don' t like to use a VID machine for this type of searching since you never know what may be lying in the ground.
I usually set my disc. low and dig every decent signal and a few iffy ones now and then.
With its lightweight, it is easy to carry on long hikes and very easy to maneuver around obstacles like rocks and brush.
Can't say much about the T2...never had one, but many are fans of this detector.
Good luck in your decision!!