Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

pi pinpointers

The F Pulse is a good pin pointer, there are two things I do not care for with the F Pulse is how easy it is to inadvertently change the settings in it and the volume and the vibration could be more, the volume is very low on it making it hard to hear and the vibration mode is not much better, other that the three things I mentioned the F Pulse is a good pin pointer

The F Pulse is a good pin pointer, there are two things I do not care for with the F Pulse is how easy it is to inadvertently change the settings in it and the volume and the vibration could be more, the volume is very low on it making it hard to hear and the vibration mode is not much better, other that the three things I mentioned the F Pulse is a good pin pointer thanks all for the info.

Causes "cross talk".
I have not experienced any cross talk with any of the 9 detectors I own and one of those 9 is a PI the Axiom, and I am not saying it does not happen I just personally have not experienced any

You might try this and this is what I do when I first go out to detect is I will turn the F Pulse on or any of my other pin pointers first then I will turn on what ever detector I am going to use at that time with the pulse on and laying about two to three feet from what ever detector I am using at the time, then I will perform a frequency shift I do this every time I go out to detect and I have had no issues with any of my pin pointers cross talking my detectors.

Last edited:
I have not experienced any cross talk with any of the 9 detectors I own and one of those 9 is a PI the Axiom, and I am not saying it does not happen I just personally have not experienced any

You might try this and this is what I do when I first go out to detect is I will turn the F Pulse on or any of my other pin pointers first then I will turn on what ever detector I am going to use at that time with the pulse on and laying about two to three feet from what ever detector I am using at the time, then I will perform a frequency shift I do this every time I go out to detect and I have had no issues with any of my pin pointers cross talking my detectors.
Thanks--I'll give that a try if I ever end up with another F Pulse.----I've used the TRXs for years (still do) & haven't had any EMI issues with them.----The only problem is---TRXs are no longer made & are now pretty much as rare as hens teeth.

I'm biased but I think it's really good. The very first production units had some problems but that got ironed out. As Yogi Berra would say, "it's got deep depth." The only pinpointer that I think is better is the White's TRX, but I'm biased with that one, too.
I have your first and had no problems. It is a beast . If you don't like the return response lower sensitivity. Well done Carl .

The F Pulse is a good pin pointer, there are two things I do not care for with the F Pulse is how easy it is to inadvertently change the settings in it and the volume and the vibration could be more, the volume is very low on it making it hard to hear and the vibration mode is not much better, other that the three things I mentioned the F Pulse is a good pin pointer
to me the whits trx had low volume. other then that I really liked it. but sold it for that reason.

I have a Teknetics Tek-Point and a Fisher F-Pulse. I use the Tek-Point as my main pinpointer because it seems a "bit" more stable than the Fisher F-Pulse. It also has less cross talk with the F 75. They are essentially the same pinpointer. The depth is the same on both.

I love mine and it is one of the first ones. Looking at the differences between it and the new one, I prefer the old. I know nothing about the volume because I use vibrate only. At one time I thought the vibration was weak but did a reset and haven't had that problem again. I have the f-pulse, tek-point, Garret carrot and the black one, XP wireless one, and the TRX. I like them all, they all have their advantages. If something bothers you about one of them, choose the one you like and I don't see you being disappointed. The TRX and Fisher/Tek are the deepest. JMO

i ran one forever, loved it. so simple and reliable. there are technically "better" ones but that one sure does the trick and it's less annoying than the big boys ya gotta turn off and on or they dont work right. plus, the batteries like, never die lmaooo!

They got 16 freq selections to offset cross talk. Just make sure you don't cause any silent masking with the freq selection.