Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PI threshold slope tone

Finderskeeper

I've been hunting the beaches of the Gulf coast lately and have been using my new White's Dual field. I've found one gold / platinum ring and so it has paid for itself already.

I have noticed that while in the water, the threshold gets louder as I go deeper in the water. It is especially loud when hitting the first few feet in the water as the slope to deeper water.

My question is, is this normal and is there any way to stop it?

I've kind of adjusted to it but if there is a way to stop it, I'd sure like to know.

It should settle down once you are set in a specific depth of water.

The coil is just seeing a big target in the saltwater.
Passing waves and swell do the same thing to the threshold.

Some PI's with a SAT control can sort this problem out before any adjustment of the pulse delay control.

Tony.