Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

PI vs VLF?

A

Anonymous

My eyes are sore from reading all the literature on PI and VLF detectors and how each manufacturer claims to be the best.
Help!
Which is better on locating targets on saltwater beach's in Florida on the wet sand (between high and low tide) and in the water (up to chest deep) on gold jewelry and gold coins (Like Spanish silver and gold).

John,
I hate to be the one to tell you this but there is no "best" detector. Your asking for a detector to excel in a few different areas at the same time. Perhaps you need to look at more than one unit ?
If you wanted to stay with just one unit, and you wanted the deepest, most sensitive water detector, you have but one choice, the Aquastar. It

Mr Bill,
Thank you for the reply, The PI is then the choice for saltwater beach and surf
John(Fla)

Hi John,
I have just replied to a previous post "Prospecting with PI's" by Will, which deals briefly with PI and VLF detectors, so some of that information may be useful to you.
As Bill says, you are fortunate in Florida in having non iron mineralised sand, which makes things easier for the detector and it is just the water conductivity you have to contend with. PI

John, I think you should go back to that Bounty Hunter that Kellyco said would be good for beach hunting. That would help my ring count go up. Don't need any more PI units on this beach.

Kurt,
Have no fear, I still want what we talked about at the beach.
The PI will be in the near future, very near future....
John(Fla)
P.S Pfffft about the bounty