Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked-up a clean Treasure Ace Plus

Digging Fool

I've always liked my Tesoro beep-and-digs, so when I ran up on this at a flea market today, I wanted to get it for a comparison. I think this machine will be a good one. I haven't been able to find out anything about the 'Plus" model, but I think it will go fairly deep for it's class. Any of y'all have one? Like it?

Some of them have a x pattern pins in coil connector some have the m pattern same as the Ace 250-350, and can use all the same coils plus aftermarket sef coils.
I just got one too, I had one for many years and sold it. They are hot coin shooters and after a while you can tell by tone whats the target. Theres a tiny pot inside and you can adjust the volume(power?) with a tiny screwdriver.
I love these detectors, they're well made and great fun.

I had one.....bangs real hard on coins. Depth is pretty good. Below is a link to some discussion from a few years back:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?32,1067231,1067231#msg-1067231

Mike T said:
Some of them have a x pattern pins in coil connector some have the m pattern same as the Ace 250-350, and can use all the same coils plus aftermarket sef coils.
I just got one too, I had one for many years and sold it. They are hot coin shooters and after a while you can tell by tone whats the target. Theres a tiny pot inside and you can adjust the volume(power?) with a tiny screwdriver.
I love these detectors, they're well made and great fun.
Thanks, Mike. I took it out today and did some dry sand digging. It is a very deep machine for it's "status". I've used Tesoros for years, but I think this one is as good, if not better than some. Dug a handful of change, a chain necklace, some type of junk ring, and many pulltabs. For 85.00, I think it was a good buy. :cheers:

John-Edmonton said:
I had one.....bangs real hard on coins. Depth is pretty good. Below is a link to some discussion from a few years back:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?32,1067231,1067231#msg-1067231
Thanks, John!

I've been digging for about 35 years and have many machines, but can't pass-up one at a yard sale of flea market. I have a T2, Excal, Tesoro Silver umax, Compadre, and Tiger Shark. I'm thinking about selling the Compadre and letting the Freedom take it's place. A little heavier on the arm, but I think the Freedom will be a decent relic machine. It sure hits on coins and pulltabs deep enough to convince me! A very well-built machine, in my opinion. I did own an Ace 250 one time, but I like this better, if that makes any sense....Thanks for the replies!