Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked up a discovery 2000

jjaddict

Anyone know if this is a good machine? Picked it up off of Craigslist locally for $35, looks like it's brand new :) I figured it was so cheap that I'd give it a whirl, seems to go a hair deeper than my Challenger on air tests, and it's nice to have a pushbutton switch over to all metal. Should I run it in notch or disc? It didn't come with a manual, I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between the two, what are the advantages of each? I think my challenger was always in notch discrimination. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I had one when i first started out. Seems to be a good unit. I run all of mine just above where they disc out a small nail in disc mode but you might use the notch. I never use the notch mode on my Land Star just A/M or disc.

This thing goes about 2" deeper than the Challenger in air tests, I'm loving it so far. I also like how it ID's in All Metal. One drawback that it has so far is that it doesn't give a louder/stronger tone for larger or closer objects, same beep everytime. I still haven't taken it out yet, will probably give it a whirl tomorrow morning.

:detecting:Hello jjaddict
There is a site you can go to that will give you some info. & reveiws of this detector, Maby this will help you some. I could not find this detector at the B.H. website, unless this is a B.H. Lone star. Anyway here is the site address metaldetectorreviews.net/
If you cant click on this site here just type in metal detector reviews & your search engine ( google) should bring up this site.
Happy Huntin

Kevin, Dundalk,MD.
B.H 505 8in. coil B.H Time Ranger F4 DD COIL, Lesch Ground Shark, True Temper Trowel, 4in .8in.& 10in.coils & my trusty centech pinpointer

Thanks Ranger, I'll check that out!

Took it out on its maiden voyage today, took me about a half hour to get used to the differences. But once I did, I've decided that I think I'm going to love it. First coin was my first presidential token, Franklin Pierce, got me kinda excited for a second when I saw an 1857 date on it, but I've seen a few of these dug so I kinda knew what it was going to be. Popped a couple wheaties and one MO tax token. This is definitely a much deeper machine than my Challenger. I think it's a keeper.

:bounty:Hello jjaddict
Here is some more help,for ya if you want to find out a little more about what model B.H. detector you might have. Go to www.detecting.com. That will be B.H.s main web site. Once there,on the right side of the home page is a list of catagories next click on product resources, and then click on manuals. There will be a list of all current B.H. models and even some discontinued models, look over the list and,click on lone star a whole manual including a picture of the detector and all of its functions will be there. If this is not your model there is a long list to choose from I hope your model is there , as Operating instructions always come in handy ,if you dont have a manual .
Anyway it is still a way good deal for $35.00 and I hope it helps you find some more of those Silvers you post. Always like to see um.
Good Luck and Happy Huntin
Ranger
PS. B.H. is always changing model names for different stores, discovery 2000 was probably for radio shack, as Lone Star was for some other B.H.dealers, but still very often the same detector, just a different name. Also it seems you have allready started to make some pretty good finds. Just goes to show you that high dollar detectors, sometimes are no better than the lowly Bounty Hunter. Keep showin em how its done!

for 35 bucks you can't go wrong for that price hmmm i'm going to have look at craigslist

I have really enjoyed mine. Pulled 16 coins out of a hole yesterday but have yet to find a wheatie or anything older than 1964. HH

DD