Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked up a few older detectors and have a few general questions

I bought a 3 machine package from a great guy that wasn't interested in hanging on to the machines. He was more into panning and high banking and detectors just never really got his attention.
-First is an original Gold Bug (white lower rod) with 5x10 white elliptical coil in essentially new condition. Not a scratch on the coil and any other marks are probably from an umbrella in the closet.
-Second is a 1235X with white lower rod with barely any signs use and minimal markings on the black 8 inch round coil.
-Last is the really interesting one. A Gold Bug 2, white lower rod, 5x10 white elliptical coil again in great shape with minimal signs of use and light marks on the coil bottom. It has a hard black carry case. The case AND the GB2 have a gold plastic plate attached with the engraving "Gold Bug-2 Crafted for "Guys Name" by Fisher Research Laboratory". I thought that was really pretty cool. Does anyone know the history of the engraved plates? I thought he said he had bought these retail but I don't remember ever seeing where you could get a custom machine with a name plate. Any idea of the street value of these machines considering the conditions?

Hey TabWhisperer

Congrats on the score!!

All good machines for their time and the GB2 is still of coarse the fine gold VLF to have. If you don't prospect you could sell the GBs and get something more modern or specific to what you want.

I hear the old 1235s were deep but never ran one.

As far as value goes the regular GB might bring around $175 to $300 Ive seen them advertised for that but their there for a long time I would say the 1235 right about there too $350.
Ive seen GB2 going for as low as 450 to 600 used close to new $650. but if you look right now the market seems saturated with allot of good machines in the last year many nice detectors have dropped into that range. explorers and mxts and T2s all getting below $600.

My guess is they are all los banos machines.>

Ill trade you a G2 for your GB2???
I have A GB pro so I don't need a G2.as well. It would replace my Gm3 in my prospecting line up.

:cheers:
jim

I already have a GB Pro but thanks. I still want to try all of these out but it's really cold and may be a couple of weeks. I previously had a 1266-x and sold it but had a lot of fun with it. I can't believe the beautiful condition they are in. I wondered if that name tag thing was maybe a promotion the factory did or maybe a local dealer was doing that. Nice touch either way. All three have serials number stickers with Los Banos.

I agree with godigit1 above on the Fisher values with the exception of the 1235X. I'd say about $150 on that one.