Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked up an E-trac last week and i must say its the deepest most stable detector

Keith Southern

that I've ever used in 25 years of relic hunting. I'm running all metal, sensitivity 30 manual, Ferrous, multi-tone.Threshold is smooth no dropping out like the explorer no falsing (ringing) on hot rocks like the explorer.Handles iron like a dream no high toning on it. (in ferrous)!!.This has got to be a relic hunters dream.Don't look at the target I'd just hunt buy sound.

Im anxious to see what boys in the gold fields say about this machine it hits stuff so small that you cant even hardly see it.It will smoke an mxt with the 5x10 DD in the micro target department.You jewelry hunters better get ready. this thing is going to blast a beach apart on the low conductors.

Im digging flea size brass shards like p cap's fell apart at un-real depth .

Just thought id pass on what I'm seeing . I've used it a couple of days so far in bad ground here in Georgia clay.,I might of said to much I know ya'll already know what shes doing..

Keith Southern

and I for one trust his opinion. I personally think the E-Trac is most ideal for relic hunting although of course for coins too especially in the coin mode. I did really like it with it's speed, separation with the Pro coil and excellent pinpointing...It just didn't work the way I expected it to coming from an Explorer but that's OK...I actually have missed it since it was so easy to use in the coin mode. After my life settles down a bit at work and all the home projects are done to completion, I may just get another as my one and only machine :) ...HH

I know theres not as much resolution in the tones in ferrous compared to conduct but there's definitely more than 2 in the multi mode. I can pick up 5 that I know of theres probably some more but my hearing cant ear it.Take a silver dollar and test it against a silver half there's a definite difference there.nickels dimes and pennys are getting lumped in one tone it seems to me then in the lower range I'm hearing 2 tones one real low and one right above the iron growl.

Give it a try and let me know if you are hearing the difference between the dollar and the half.. (Silver )

Keith

and I thought it was teh best mode to run in ferrous in an iron filled site.. but mt meaning is since the majority hit in the 12 13 fe range the tone will be the same.. so you have a low and a higher tone only.. a dollar and a half are one of the few things that have a difference in FE value so you would get a different tone on the dollar.. however I haven't found a dollar in 15 years, so that dont help me much :)