Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked up an F44

coin-star

I have 4 other detectors, but keep hearing that this is a “sleeper” with good performance and light weight. The one I bought has the 11” concentric coil. I got to go out for about an hour yesterday and found a couple dollars in clad. Pinpoint on this detector works amazingly well. Probably better than any other detector I own.

I realize that this is a fairly simple detector, but does anyone have any F44 tips or tricks to share?

Other detectors I own are Eurotech Pro, F19, AT Max, and Multi Kruzer.

CS

I put a NEL sharpshooter coil mine about 3 seasons ago...Its deep, pinpoints great and gives solid vdi's at very good depth...Never used the stock coil since...

Good luck.. Mark ( ohio )

Mark, I like your idea. Sounds like something I would like. How deep and what do you hunt with it, if you don’t mind me asking?

-CS

I could only speak for my area of OHIO, but it is NOT uncommon for me to dig wheats and dimes in the 8 inch range all day long with good id's too!! My knees are just about shot, ( replacements this spring ) but I primarily just coin shoot old turn of the century meadows and parks... Also some dry sand hunting up Lake Erie come july and aug.

Keep at it with this detector, its a good one and often overlooked.

Mark ( ohio )

The F44 is a very good machine that doesn't mind getting wet. I found that the custom setting using VCO tones seems to be the deepest and best acuracy for ID. I also run mine with the sens at 20 (max) and it will get chatty now and again, but a quick ground balance helps a lot. This machine seems to be pretty picky about its ground balance but if you do it often you'll really make it happy. Good luck!

8 inches on a penny isn't too bad. I'll have to sell my extra 5x10 teknetics DD coil and get the sharp shooter. It would probably be pretty good on the F19 also.

When I hunted the other day, I liked the custom mode with just VCO the best too. It was a lot like the F19, which I have and like. Just have to keep looking at the ID a lot in VCO tones, since they primarily indicate signal strength and not target ID.

Thanks for the great suggestions!

-CS