Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked up another 1265x

thump7

Never should have sold the first one.:cry:
Anyways, the one I got is in ok shape, performs well. Managed to score a 5x10 coil for it, funny they never really caught on. really like it, also like that it is a concentric coil. Discriminates just like the 8".
The 1200 series detectors are some of the best metal detectors ever made in my books, particularly the 65 and 66.
Just happy to own one again.

Any other 1265x / 1266x users out there?
What makes you hold on to them and why do you use them over modern "updated" machines?

They're just as deep as any other machine I have new or old and they're built like tank!

I had an 1266 and loved everything about it, except the snap, crackle and pop! I must have ADHD as I couldn't get over it. I sold it after a few years. I've never used a 1265. Is the disc quieter?

I have used a 1270 for 2 months or so, I like how hard of a signal you get on coins and buttons past the 6" mark. However I real feel like there not much deeper then a etrac,vaquero or even some other mid line machines. But I love it, I just wish there was an aftermarket or factory dd coil. I really like the machine and I have the 8" coil and that's it. If I have a chance I would love a 1265 or 1266 if the price is right.

thump7 said:
Never should have sold the first one.:cry:
Anyways, the one I got is in ok shape, performs well. Managed to score a 5x10 coil for it, funny they never really caught on. really like it, also like that it is a concentric coil. Discriminates just like the 8".
The 1200 series detectors are some of the best metal detectors ever made in my books, particularly the 65 and 66.
Just happy to own one again.

Any other 1265x / 1266x users out there?
What makes you hold on to them and why do you use them over modern "updated" machines?
Never owned a 1265X but probably would like to try one soon....I like the 1266X....mainly cause it just goes deep....I hunted a particular school practise field for years...earlier this year I used an older vintage (BFO) detector and just dug all of the targets till I could get no more signals.....went back with the 1266X and this detector is a BEAST....that whole field came alive with deep targets....found a lot of deep pull-tabs and a few really deep coins....the Keeper was a 10K ring buried at least 7 inches and me and my friends estimate that it has been lost for at least 50 years.....when I want to go deep...I pull out my 1266X....the snap....crackle ....pop...noises I found out are not too bad if you decrease the sensitivity even just a little bit.....Joe

I have a 1265X. I have dug the deepest small silver 5 cents ever with it...about 8 or 9 inches. I dig a lot of bottle caps with it. Wish it was better at disc on those.

Good replies.
Oppie, never tried a 1266 but was told the 1265 is quieter than the 66.

The biggest thing I have noticed with them is that they give a great sound on deeper silver, the balance is great - compensates for any extra weight.
As far as depth, I find the 65 very comparable to the Vaquero. The 1265 gives me a lot more audio subtleties than the vaquero did though regarding ferrous/non-ferrous.

Anyways for 'outdated' technology, the 1200 series still continues to amaze me. Well done Dave Johnson!

I am jealous about your finding a 5 x 10" elliptical coil. I keep looking but haven't found one yet.

I have a 1266-XB that a bought used this past year. I finally sent it in to Fisher last week since the Sensitivity control would only let me get to about 3 on Normal or Max levels. Discrimination and other controls all seem fine - but I've asked that they give it a full review. I can't wait to get it back all ship shape.

Mine came with the standard 8" spider and I added the 10.5 spider and 5" solid coils.

Surprisingly I was able to get most of this after selling my Whites 6000 do Pro SL that I owned since new in 1993. I loved the analog meter on the detector but it was a bit on the heavy side as I am now 57 years old. Very good machine, though - and it sold in less than 5 hours....

So... I am new to the 1266 line - but look forward to many years of use and enjoyment.

Dave

Dkuntarich said:
I am jealous about your finding a 5 x 10" elliptical coil. I keep looking but haven't found one yet.

I have a 1266-XB that a bought used this past year. I finally sent it in to Fisher last week since the Sensitivity control would only let me get to about 3 on Normal or Max levels. Discrimination and other controls all seem fine - but I've asked that they give it a full review. I can't wait to get it back all ship shape.

Mine came with the standard 8" spider and I added the 10.5 spider and 5" solid coils.

Surprisingly I was able to get most of this after selling my Whites 6000 do Pro SL that I owned since new in 1993. I loved the analog meter on the detector but it was a bit on the heavy side as I am now 57 years old. Very good machine, though - and it sold in less than 5 hours....

So... I am new to the 1266 line - but look forward to many years of use and enjoyment.

Dave
Dave....that 1266 is a Beast!!.....for an experiment take an older vintage detector preferrably one with no discrimination and hunt a site till you get no signals at all....then go back with the 1266...that whole site will light up with only deep targets......I have done this before so I know that this method works....for me.... this removes the masking problem plus when one only digs the deep targets on every signal then the hunt becomes a lot more exciting.

Dkuntarich said:

Yes, and you have every right to be. They are hard to find, I've had my eye open for one for a while.
I took a chance on the one I got - private online deal. Fortunately I got what I paid for.

Wish you luck finding one, they do pop up every now and then.

The 1260x is better in iron than the 1265x , all they did with the 1265x was increase the gain of the machine , yes you get coins deeper but the deep iron comes through// no win.

Doctorcoinz said:
The 1260x is better in iron than the 1265x , all they did with the 1265x was increase the gain of the machine , yes you get coins deeper but the deep iron comes through// no win.

Might be true, when I first got it I did dig deep nails. I had the privilege of learning from an 'old pro', that used the 1266x since they first came out and still does. Try giving it a quick sweep over the target and see if the signal disappears.. The 1265 will NOT discriminate out a good target, even at depth, same goes for the 1266 which has higher sensitivity yet. I haven't had a problem with deep iron since then, but do still find the deep non-ferrous.

Had one of my best nights ever with my 1265 last night in an old park against a guy using a Deus. Bettered him by a long shot. Found 3 large cents 1920, 1916, 1913 and a 1921 silver dime. I always run the sensitivity at full at least on the push-in setting or at half on the pull-out setting. This time I tried a trick I have used for years on my Sovereign...I ran the sensitivity at about a 1/4 and found it to run much smoother in the trash and pulled out these coins at 6 or 7 inches no problem at all!

Arthur-Canada said:
Had one of my best nights ever with my 1265 last night in an old park against a guy using a Deus. Bettered him by a long shot. Found 3 large cents 1920, 1916, 1913 and a 1921 silver dime. I always run the sensitivity at full at least on the push-in setting or at half on the pull-out setting. This time I tried a trick I have used for years on my Sovereign...I ran the sensitivity at about a 1/4 and found it to run much smoother in the trash and pulled out these coins at 6 or 7 inches no problem at all!

Nice! And I'll have to give it a try running lower sensitivity. Earlier this year I found the deepest fishscale I've found yet, it was only 5" down, but the ground there was slightly mineralized. Hit it with disc 2 set at 7, came in soft,wide and very smooth.

Hi. This is the first forum I have ever joined so not so sure about how to go about it.
I have a 1265x that I bought new years ago and still love using it. I also have Whites Spectrum XLT and really like it as well, when it fits keep it.
NHall

nhall76 said:
Hi. This is the first forum I have ever joined so not so sure about how to go about it.
I have a 1265x that I bought new years ago and still love using it. I also have Whites Spectrum XLT and really like it as well, when it fits keep it.
NHall

WELCOME to the forum! And glad to have you here.