Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked up the EUROTEK PRO!

Woodchuck

Well I picked up the ETP with the 8 inch open concentric, the option that most people are going for. I'm not a fan of 11 inch biaxial DD anyhow . I'm liking what I see on the ETP so far I like the black and silver pole scheme nothing to flashy. The units front box color a nice subdued dull reddish color changing over to black. A nice wide LCD VDI screen for us old folks, with a simple menu and push button controls. And yes the control box i:e screen is mounted at the right angle a straight up and down on the pole, I should have no problem reading the VDI numbers under bright conditions. The VDI numbers are nice and big anyway. Somebody was thinking over at the shop ! when they designed a recessed earplug in with a sliding trap door that you open and close to access the plug to help keep out debris etc. Its also on the bottom left corner of the control box for ease of access another plus in my book !. The speaker is in back no problem there, and a nice sliding battery door that you slide to the side to get to your 9 volt battery. Again somebody was thinking it can only go on and off one way, with a simple push of your thumb, yet it locks securely. I tested various items I had in house and had no EMI issues, knock on wood . And found that items I tested locked solidly on a assigned VDI number with not much jumping around if any. Its interesting how they assigned the tones Low, VCO and High tone its different using VCO as mid or med tone so to speak. I liked it. The targets I tested were a Eisenhower LG. $1 dollar solid 99 VDI, Satchawea $1 dollar 92 -93 VDI, a Jackson presidential dollar $1 dollar 91-92 VDI. ( each year a dollar coin in a series will come out depicting a different presidents face on front with a eagle on back.) Kennedy half dollar 50 cent piece 97 VDI, a Silver US quarter 25 cents 91-93 VDI, and yet a regular US quarter 25 cents 91-92 VDI respectively there was a difference in VDI. Now I had a foreign Silver piece coin that came in different VDI numbers all together 91-94 VDI. I must point out that in most cases the ETP assigned two VDI number for EX: 91-94 VDI there was no 93 showing in middle, now this might not be the case in field, that remains to be seen. A US dime 10 cents 84-85 VDI, I had no Silver dime to test. A US nickel 5 cents a solid 57 VDI ONLY!!!!, zinc penny 1 cent 79 VDI only, and a copper penny 1 cent (wheat) a solid 80 VDI ONLY !!! can skip them junk pennies ! Ok the good stuff a thin women GOLD ring 55 VDI nice and clear, women thin Silver ring 83 VDI nice and clear. A thick wide men's tungsten ring 72 & 74 VDI only ! no 73 VDI at all!!!. A brass 45 auto casing was 63-64 interesting enough. Ok the dreaded PULLTAB dilemma the regular figure 8 pulltab a constant 58 VDI different from the nickel of 57 VDI YESSSS!!! and I tried to other different size common older pulltabs with beaver tails and got constant 61 VDI on the one and then a 61-62 0n the other.SO FAR I like what I see in the ETP, I'm taking her out in field tomorrow for her maiden run YEEE HAWWW!!!

Woodchuck,

Keep us posted on your finds, likes and dislikes of the ETP. I had been thinking about the F2 but since really looking at the ETP a lot harder. I have a Whites CMP and like the machine but have had a torn retina in my left eye and the screen is hard for me to see. I have read some of your posts and value your opinion. Thanks,

WV

The ETP will surprise you, it's a very good detector. The iron feature works great and the id is very accurate, I like the 8" on it myself. It's a fun detector and will get the goods.

I ordered a ETP today, should have it in a couple of days, looking forward to trying it out on some places I've already hunted.

WV

I also have the ETPwith the 11"DD. I have had it for almost a month now. I have found that depending on the position of the ptab it will ring up anywhere from 56-59 for a figure 8 and 60-64 for a old style one. My wife's 10k white gold ring rings up 48-49, wheaties and memorials are 82-83, zincoln lincolns are 77-79, pencil eraser holders are 55, us clad quarters are 89-90, clad dimes 82-85. and of course nickles are 56-57 depending on if they are edge on. I also find that copper plated rings will ring up in the 80's, depending on their size too. Odd shaped silver objects (broken rings, necklaces, pendants) will ring up in the mid to high 60's.
thanks for the information on the VDI displays for silver coins. I have not found any of them yet with the ETP, but I live in a neighborhood that was built post 1964 and have not hunted outside of it much (as I was getting used to the ETP) but, plan on going to a century old park later on today.

Well got a short hunt in with my ETP today, in a park where most items are 6 inches deep even the pull tabs etc. I manage to pick up a quarter, a couple of zincs and some dimes. The ETP had no problem Identifying the dimes and pennies in the 6 to 7 inch range with a solid lock on in VDI. One guy I was with found a Merc dime 1939 and on the ETP it rang VDI of 85 with out bouncing. Lead civil war bullets come in at a solid 77 VDI mark area on the two that I managed to test today. The iron disc seems to work very well ,I dug one or two items today that was next to iunky metal with no problems. This park is a very difficult park to dig a high percentage of junk to coin finds etc. and the ETP did A OK. I was running disc at 40, sens .at 6. What pull tabs I dug on purpose I knew were tabs before I dug them. Bottle caps like that 80 mark the older steel ones, and the iron disc would flash sometimes depending on direction it was hit . For my first time out with ETP I wasn't disappointed.

Has anyone used the ETP in high mineralization by any chance? I've been torn between the F2 and the ETP for my oldest daughter (and will probably be a backup detector to my ATG and the DTVS) and was wondering what people were getting for max depth near the Carolina's. I've heard the 8" coil is very good and that the 11" DD won't eek out that much more depth, but the statement I had read sounded like it was for normal soil conditions. Anyone here use the 11"DD in the red clay and have a max depth by any chance? Thanks Woodchuck for the in-depth synopsis and Godspeed.

Greg