Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked up the new CZ 21 today

H2OAU

I had a bit of an issue with Federal Express as the dealer I traded the machine to mistakenly sent it to the FedEx drop-off address that I shipped it from as opposed to my home address, which I had written on a huge piece of paper and stuck in the box with the detectors I shipped. I didn't know until the day before it was set to be delivered that it was going to a wrong address, so I changed the pickup location to a Federal Express office. They notified me when it was ready to pick up and I went right over. When I got there they asked me for proof of my relation to the address it was originally supposed to be sent to. Of course I didn't have any because I don't live at a FedEx drop-off place but, after about 10 minutes of almost begging for my detector I had her look up the address it was originally supposed to go to and lo and behold it was a mailing office. She agreed to let me have it but sternly warned me that I need to make sure the correct addresses are on any further shipments. Like I had a choice as to where the shipment was sent. Regardless, crisis averted and detector in hand. After about an hour and a half of "un-modifying" the coil cable that had about 600 feet of electrical tape wrapped around a wire loom attached to it, she is finally ready for the beach. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why in the world anybody would put a wire loom onto the coil cable, open at both ends so it can trap lots of water and sand, and then add a half a pound of tape to it. I'm hoping and praying the cable hasn't been stressed to its limits with all the extra weight that had been added to it. So far the tests I have run in my own backyard have shown it to be working properly as far as I can tell, my backyard is not very good for testing as it is absolutely littered with iron trash. Headed to the beach tomorrow for the real testing even though it's supposed to be a miserable rainy day. Oh well, I can never seem to leave the beach dry anyway so I'm not worried about a bit of rain. I will post photos of anything I happen to dig up, although the last time or two I was there with the Sea Hunter, pickings were really slim.

H2OAU said:
I had a bit of an issue with Federal Express as the dealer I traded the machine to mistakenly sent it to the FedEx drop-off address that I shipped it from as opposed to my home address, which I had written on a huge piece of paper and stuck in the box with the detectors I shipped. I didn't know until the day before it was set to be delivered that it was going to a wrong address, so I changed the pickup location to a Federal Express office. They notified me when it was ready to pick up and I went right over. When I got there they asked me for proof of my relation to the address it was originally supposed to be sent to. Of course I didn't have any because I don't live at a FedEx drop-off place but, after about 10 minutes of almost begging for my detector I had her look up the address it was originally supposed to go to and lo and behold it was a mailing office. She agreed to let me have it but sternly warned me that I need to make sure the correct addresses are on any further shipments. Like I had a choice as to where the shipment was sent. Regardless, crisis averted and detector in hand. After about an hour and a half of "un-modifying" the coil cable that had about 600 feet of electrical tape wrapped around a wire loom attached to it, she is finally ready for the beach. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why in the world anybody would put a wire loom onto the coil cable, open at both ends so it can trap lots of water and sand, and then add a half a pound of tape to it. I'm hoping and praying the cable hasn't been stressed to its limits with all the extra weight that had been added to it. So far the tests I have run in my own backyard have shown it to be working properly as far as I can tell, my backyard is not very good for testing as it is absolutely littered with iron trash. Headed to the beach tomorrow for the real testing even though it's supposed to be a miserable rainy day. Oh well, I can never seem to leave the beach dry anyway so I'm not worried about a bit of rain. I will post photos of anything I happen to dig up, although the last time or two I was there with the Sea Hunter, pickings were really slim.

I seen that same detector I believe on the E and for the life of me could not figure out why he did that, the shaft's was all wrapped in tape or something to was they not?

Most of it was covered in electrical tape. The good news is, a 4 year old detector looks out of the box new after removal.