Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pin pointer acting up.

SWV Coin Hunter

I have had my pin pointer for around 6 months and would not leave the house with out it. But its starting to develop a strange problem. I mean, it still works great and all but if i put a little pressure on it, like pushing down on it while looking for the target. It goes off,even if there is no metal. I have changed the battery but still the same problem so I'm wondering if I need to pull it apart and clean it? I use quality battery's, I keep the outside clean,its never been in water and I have never dropped it.

What do you think?

Some Propointers must be better than others cuz the 2 I bought in 2010 can take moderate pressure and not sound off. I do only get about 1 1/2 inches detection in air tests on a penny dime whereas I read reports of 2+" from posts. Maybe the sensitivity is really keen on yours hence much pressure at all could aggitate the sensors.

Everyone who has tried to take it apart was sorry that they did. Mine will also go off with some pressure on the tip. Just don't push it in the dirt with pressure on it. When you turn it on, hold it away from any iron objects. Turn it off when you are done searching for a target.

Don't ever take it apart. You need about 4 hands to get it back together again. Mine beeps with pressure on the tip.

Yeah, I thought that may be the way it would work out if I took it apart. I guess I'm either going to buy another one or send this one back because its getting worse. I went out this week and it was going off all over the place when there was nothing but grass and dirt around it. The only way it would stop this was if I turned it off, then back on. Its really getting on my nerves!

Someone on YouTube posted that there was a recall on these. Any truth to that?

mine does the same thing. I have to turn it off and on several times sometimes on the same dig. If I don't, it's constantly beeping.

My pin pointer had a mind of its own, beeping and chattering away, until I sent it into Garrett. They sent me back my old end cap with a new pointer that doesn't act up. Now when I turn it on I can use it and turn it off after it does it's job. It is my understanding that that is how they're supposed to work. Garrett (Sue) was super great and very helpful.

Call them and they will ask for the serial #. If its under warranty they will give you an RMA # and send it back.

I had the same issue and sent it in- I got a replacement in 7 days