Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pin Pointer question

Maui Mike

Aloha fellow pirates, while in water thats rough and MDing, i have found when it's murky that pin pointing is hard.. now this is not in a spot where i am using a scoop.. i am fanning away sand... and reef has some holes.. i think that if i was using a small hand held pin pointer.. like a vibra tech?. i might be having an easyer time... water bouncing me back and forth.. using my big coil is hard.. thoughts.. suggestions please.. Mahalo and shaka Mikey

Hey Mike,

The Vibra-Probe pinpointer is water proof. I can't recall the depth limit tho. It will certainly help you to pin point the target once it is located via the coil. It only has a couple of inches of range tho, so you would have to have a pretty shallow target.

The unit is very sturdy tho and can take a lot of hard use. Like all electrical devices it mustn't be miss-used!!

It also will interfere with other detectors, so you would have to put your detector at least at arms reach from the unit while you are using the detector.

I hang mine on my belt on the side away from the detector.

Hope this helps.

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo

The vibra-tech is a good pinpointer but you have to be within an inch or two of the target. My hubby uses one but I think it is a waste of time and extra bulk to carry around.

thanks both of you.. which one are you each using?. the rod one or the 730 the coil end shaped one? Mikey

Hey Mike,

I use the one shaped like a small club about a foot long. It is all plastic and looks like PVC pipe glued together. It is definitely not a "metal detector" because

of limited range, but an excellent pin pointer!! I'm finding the tiniest bits of metal in my sifter using it and as I am hunting the same area again and again I

am avoiding digging the same tiny targets over and over. The unit is a PI machine and works great within its range.

Any more info I can offer let me know. (I learned about the Probe from kaptainkosmic and he may have more insight for you.)

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo

I ordered the Viba tector 730 yesterday.. will tell you all how it works for me.. should get by end of next week.. Thanks all, shaka mikey:thumbup: